Powermatic Lathe with Lamp Kit Model 4224B
Expand the limits of your creative possibility, and take your passion to a whole new level with the Powermatic 4224B - the newest member of the industry-leading family of lathes. With newly...
You May Also Like
- Lamp kit included
- Sliding headstock with electronic variable speed and digital RPM readout for accurate speed adjustments
- Spindle lock and built in spindle indexing on the headstock for drilling hole patterns, routing flutes, and other equally spaced features
- Vacuum system provides quick method of chucking bowl blanks
- 15-amp quad receptacle for easy reach of powered accessories
- Two 100W task lamps provide ideal lighting
- Air nozzle with quick connect for clearing dust/chips
- Set of dead centers which hold a spindle for visual comparison
- Laser etched quill is self ejecting
- Two position mount for the optional bed extension
- Brass tipped knockout bar concentrates the action in the sliding handle; the brass tip will not damage drive centers
- Attached tool caddy allows convenient access to centers, wrenches, etc.
- Tailstock has internal storage for additional accessories
- Chrome trimmed handwheels are ergonomic for a comfortable feel
- Magnetic-backed remote on/off switch can be moved anywhere on the machine
- 31.5”H x 27”W x 68”L
- Shipping Weight 960 lbs
- Swing Over Bed: 24"
- Swing Over Tool Rest Base: 21"
- Distance Between Centers: 42"
- Outboard Turning: 88"
- Speeds: 40-3500 RPM
- Headstock Taper: MT-2
- Spindle Nose: 1 1/4 " x 8 TPI
- Hole Through Spindle: 5/8"
- Tailstock Taper: MT-2
- Hole Through Tailstock: 3/8"
- Ram Travel: 4-1/2"
- Centerline of Spindle to Floor: 44"
- Spindle Taper: MT-2
- Headstock Movement: full length of bed
- Indexing Positions: 98
- Bed Construction: cast iron
- Spindle Speeds: 40 - 3500
- Motor: 3HP, 220V, Prewired 220V, 3Ph
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 2-5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
All returns must be pre-approved. Any non-warranty returns must be unused and in original packaging. A 25% restock fee will apply. Customer pays return freight. Please call our Customer Service Dept. at 1-800-535-4482 with any return questions.
Because this item is purchased and shipped directly from the manufacturer, their warranty supersedes any offered by Woodcraft. Click here for Powermatic Warranty
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
The Easy Wood Tools & Woodcraft judges have conferred and the Super “Wood” Bowl Winners results are in! After 20 entries, we had many people try to enter after the deadline because they forgot! So remember us when you think about next year’s Super Bowl. Start turning now and mark your calendars!
There are wood lathes, then there is the new Powermatic® 4224B, Woodcraft Item #854112, which expands the boundaries of what a lathe can be. Tool Times, Tim “The Tool Man” Taylor (Tim Allen) would definitely grunt, “Arr Arr Arr” over this most capable, rugged, innovative lathe. “This newest member of our industry-leading line of lathes provides a tremendous range of woodturning possibilities” said Joan Duvall, Director of Product Development for Walter Meier. Powermatic is rolling out their new lathe by having nationally renown woodturner, Nick Cook demonstrate the capabilities of the 4224B lathe at some Woodcraft stores.
It’s the time of year when the air turns crisp and the colors abound in nature to inspire ideas as the holiday spirit starts to come alive with creativity in woodshops everywhere. When we think of Autumn, the aromatic flavors of fall fill the air with pumpkin pies, apple desserts, canning for the upcoming winter months, kids playing in leaf piles, bonfires and sawdust! Fall festivals with homemade goods featuring crafts and hot apple cider begin to pop up in many communities. Many types of woodworking projects can also be found, like these pumpkin creations by woodworker, turner and carver, Rex Kenyon. We asked Rex to create two different style pumpkins, one for Halloween and one for Thanksgiving, and here is what he came up with. You’ve got to take a serious close-up look at these pumpkins shown left to determine if they indeed are fruit or wood! How did Rex make these come to life? Let’s find out!
Welcome to the Artistic Woodturning Studio and home of Doug Mooney. I first met Doug at “Turning Tuesdays” and was impressed by his works of art. He invited me out to his home and I soon found that underneath all this talent is also a very interesting person. This was a unique learning experience for me and I hope for you too!
Powermatic introduced 2 new power tools at the IWF show. Woodcraft will soon be adding these to our Powermatic inventory for you the customer. First is the new PM2800, 18″ Variable Speed Drill Press. This new drill press was designed with the woodworker in mind. The twin LED lights are designed to eliminate cast shadows on the workpiece often produced by conventional lights. The twin lasers will pinpoint the bit entry on the workpiece. The expandable work table is the industry’s largest in this class. The single handle speed changer allows you to run the full range of speeds without ever touching a belt. The front mounted digital readout displays the exact speed the spindle is running. It also features a larger motor than any other drill press in its class for maximum torque. Controlling speeds from 250 rpms to 3000 rpms is as easy as turning the handle. This beefy unit will handle anything you can mount to it with it’s sturdy base, 6″ spindle travel in one rotation, and some other features you won’t want to be without.
Our Woodworking Adventure takes us to Charlotte North Carolina in follow up to our previous blog announcement of scheduled demos to take place at various Woodcraft stores.