Woodcraft of Atlanta
8560 Holcomb Bridge Rd., Suite 115
Retail Store Pricing May Vary from Internet or Catalog Pricing
Hours of Operation
|sunday||12PM - 5PM|
|monday||9AM - 7PM|
|tuesday||9AM - 7PM|
|wednesday||9AM - 7PM|
|thursday||9AM - 7PM|
|friday||9AM - 7PM|
|saturday||9AM - 6PM|
Connect with Us
Woodcraft of Atlanta Class Skill Level Descriptions
Below are the instructor expectations for the student taking a class.
Beginner Skill Level Class
- Someone who has never stepped foot in a woodshop or has not worked with wood for a number of years and looking to restart the hobby and/or refresh their skills
- May have experience as a weekend warrior, but has not used this particular piece of equipment or explored this aspect of woodworking
- Does not know or is unfamiliar with the specific terms/names used.
Beginner/Intermediate Skill Level Class
- For Someone who has never stepped foot in a woodshop, returning to the hobby after an extended absence, or for someone who is looking to explore a different aspect of woodworking.
- The learning curve is shallow enough that a beginner will not feel “left behind”, yet some with a little more skill will not feel the class is “slow”.
- Even though this is considered an intro course, someone with some skill will receive enough “new” information that the class will be useful.
- May know how to do something, but not the specific terms used or the 'why' they are doing a procedure a particular way.
- May know how to read a plan, but not necessarily how to choose the wood needed
Intermediate Skill Level Class
- Someone who has already taken a class & this is next in the series
- Has built, completed & applied a finish to a number of projects
- Understands the specific terms used when describing a procedure
- Can read a plan and select the required lumber
- Looking to acquire/refine a specific skill set
- Already has most of the tools required or plans on getting them for the class
- The Instructor has interviewed the perspective student and determines that the material being taught will not be overwhelming
- Class will seem faster-paced to a Beginner, Instructor will not have to time to review the 'Basics' assuming you already have the required skill set