Woodcraft of Atlanta
8560 Holcomb Bridge Rd., Suite 115
Retail Store Pricing May Vary from Internet
or Catalog Pricing
Retail Store Pricing May Vary from Internet or Catalog Pricing
Hours of Operation
|sunday||Noon - 5 PM|
|monday||9 AM - 7 PM|
|tuesday||9 AM - 7 PM|
|wednesday||9 AM - 7 PM|
|thursday||9 AM - 7 PM|
|friday||9 AM - 7 PM|
|saturday||9 AM - 6 PM|
Connect with Us
Woodcraft of Atlanta Class Skill Level Descriptions
Below are the instructor expectations for the student taking a class.
Beginner Skill Level Class
- Someone who has never stepped foot in a woodshop or has not worked with wood for a number of years and looking to restart the hobby and/or refresh their skills
- May have experience as a weekend warrior, but has not used this particular piece of equipment or explored this aspect of woodworking
- Does not know or is unfamiliar with the specific terms/names used.
Beginner/Intermediate Skill Level Class
- For Someone who has never stepped foot in a woodshop, returning to the hobby after an extended absence, or for someone who is looking to explore a different aspect of woodworking.
- The learning curve is shallow enough that a beginner will not feel “left behind”, yet some with a little more skill will not feel the class is “slow”.
- Even though this is considered an intro course, someone with some skill will receive enough “new” information that the class will be useful.
- May know how to do something, but not the specific terms used or the 'why' they are doing a procedure a particular way.
- May know how to read a plan, but not necessarily how to choose the wood needed
Intermediate Skill Level Class
- Someone who has already taken a class & this is next in the series
- Has built, completed & applied a finish to a number of projects
- Understands the specific terms used when describing a procedure
- Can read a plan and select the required lumber
- Looking to acquire/refine a specific skill set
- Already has most of the tools required or plans on getting them for the class
- The Instructor has interviewed the perspective student and determines that the material being taught will not be overwhelming
- Class will seem faster-paced to a Beginner, Instructor will not have to time to review the 'Basics' assuming you already have the required skill set