Chef Knife for Cutting Fruits Vegetables and Meat - 12-7/8" - Damascus - Unfinished Kit
A chef’s knife is probably a cook’s most important tool in the kitchen. Highly versatile. This blade glides through meat, fish, fruits and veg with minimal effort. Make your own custom chef’s knife with this blank.Our Zhen Hammered Surface Damascus Knife Blanks are forged in Japan...
Items You May Need
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 153746
System ThreeItem 159190As Low As $14.39
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 159718
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 160097
Cousineau Wood ProductsItem 164102
Our Zhen Hammered Surface Damascus Knife Blanks are forged in Japan utilizing years of knowledge and skill in knife making and technology and then imported to Taiwan. The blades are made by forge welding 66 layers of steel together around a single core layer of VG – 10 stainless steel (HRC60-62), which creates a high quality blade. Each blade has its own unique pattern on its surface and an edge that remains extremely sharp over an extended period of time. The hammered surface or tsuchime finish acts like a series of hollow-ground cavities while reducing drag, allowing the food to release from the blade surface while slicing. Designed with the professional cook in mind, this knife makes a great gift for the cook in your family.
- Customize your chef knife blade by choosing from a myriad of woods to make the handle yourself
- A workhorse in the kitchen, capable of taking on nearly any task
- Crafted from 66 layers of Japanese Damascus steel
- Hammered tsuchime finish acts like a series of hollow-ground cavities reducing drag
- VG – 10 steel core with a Rockwell hardness of HRC60-62
- Maintains an extremely sharp edge for a long period of time
- Overall Length:12-7/8"
- Blade Length: 7-3/4"
- Blade Materials: Japanese Damascus stainless steel / VG-10 stainless steel core
- (1) Knife blade blank
- (4) Rivets
- Knife scale / handle material sold separately.
- Hand wash your blades with gentle dish soap, rinse clean and towel dry immediately.
- Hone your blades with a steel or ceramic rod weekly to keep them sharp. We recommend sharpening your blades with a whetstone at an angle of 15°-20°.
- CAUTION: DO NOT chop bone or use this knife on a hard surface like a glass cutting board, tile, or granite.
Instructions / MSDS
Nice kitchen knife. Sharp and keeps a good edge. Inspect the bolster and tang before buying though.
Made one for my mother a few years ago and it's her favorite knife. The edge has held up fairly well considering how hard it's been used. A word of caution, I highly recommend inspecting the knife before buying if possible. I bought a second kit some time later and the tang and bolster had some issues. The tang and bolsters weren't flat and the hardened still makes it difficult to correct without the proper tools. I returned one kit and the staff didn't seem to happy about it but I wasn't willing to spend that much time on a blank for that price.