Turning System with Carbide Inserts - 4 Piece
RIKON’s Turning System features tungsten carbide cutters that maintain their cutting edges longer than typical carbon or high-speed steel tools. When after hours of use an insert does become dull, you can simply rotate it to work with a new edge of the cutter. The 16" long, machined...
Items You May Need
RIKON’s Turning System features tungsten carbide cutters that maintain their cutting edges longer than typical carbon or high-speed steel tools. When after hours of use an insert does become dull, you can simply rotate it to work with a new edge of the cutter. The 16" long, machined aluminum handle incorporates an anti-vibration grip that utilizes a unique forward chucking system. The finely machined shafts have bottoms milled with a flat and 2 side bevels for extra stability on the tool rest when turning. The bottom flat is in line with the cutter to maintain a flat position for scrape cutting providing the support and control needed, especially when turning bowl interiors where the cutter is extended out far from the tool rest. The two-sided bevel surfaces provide extra support when the cutter is shifted to an angled skew position for shear cutting action. Changing between shafts is quick and simple requiring no tools. Simply unscrew the knurled chuck collet to insert any of the three supplied steel tool shafts, tighten the chuck collar, and you are ready to turn! Each tool shaft is supplied with one of three carbide insert cutter profiles: a circle, square or diamond.
- Circle Cutter – Very effective for finishing cuts on bowl interiors or any cove or contoured design on spindles.
- Square Cutter – Straight edges on this carbide cutter make it extremely useful for shaping convex or straight surfaces. Ideal for producing tenons for furniture construction.
- Diamond Cutter – Mainly used to add thin line details on turnings, the spear-point tip is great for undercutting and making small beads on projects. The long sides of the triangular shape are also useful for fine shaping of rims on bowls or plates.
- Developed for the experienced or novice woodturner
- Tungsten carbide cutters that maintain their cutting edges longer than typical carbon or high-speed steel tools
- Machined aluminum handle is hollow, with a removable end cap for adding additional weight if desired
- Handle incorporates an anti-vibration grip that utilizes a unique forward chucking system
- Each tool shaft is supplied with one of three carbide insert cutter profiles: a circle, square or diamond
- No tools are required when changing between shafts
- Turning system may be used for a variety of turning applications
- Overall Length: 24-3/8"
- Handle Length: 16"
- Handle Diameter: 1.4"
- Handle Weight: 1 lb. 12.3 ounces
- Handle Material: Aluminum
- Shaft Size: 8.4" x .83" W
- Shaft Weight: 1 lb. 1.8 ounces
- Cutter Material: Tungsten carbide
- Cutter Shapes: Square, Round and Diamond
- (1) 16" Handle
- (3) Shafts
- (3) Carbide Cutters (Circle, Square & Diamond)
- (1) Mounting screws
- (1) T20 (Star) Wrench
- (1) Product Manual
- (1) Foam-lined Storage Box
Shipping / Billing InformationThis product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 7-21 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Residential delivery fee applies for all LTL items.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
If you have a return issue, contact Woodcraft Supply customer service @ 1-800-535-4482 for return details. Customer pays return freight.
When returning product, please include the invoice number or customer number and refer to the back of the invoice for shipping instructions.
If purchased at a Woodcraft Store, please return the item directly to the store where your purchase was made.To be eligible for credit for returned Rikon goods, customers must comply with each of the following requirements:
Request to return defective or damaged goods by distributors must be submitted to RIKON Power Tools and will be reviewed for product misuse, abuse, negligence, accidents, repairs, alterations, lack of maintenance or normal wear and tear before giving authorization to return said goods.
Defective/Damaged goods that are returned to RIKON Power Tools and show misuse, abuse, negligence, accidents, repairs, alterations, lack of maintenance or normal wear and tear are subject to a restocking charge equal to 15% of the credit given for the returned goods or $25.00, whichever is greater.
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
What do you buy a woodworker for Christmas? Scott and Suzy Phillips, “The American Woodshop” co-hosts, have the answers on their 2017 holiday gift list.
Illinois, Colorado and Washington makers win Woodcraft Magazine 100th Issue Giveaway prizes.
Like the weight and length
Was kind of skeptical about these tools. But i had wanted a tool with interchangeable heads. I tend to use the carbide alot so these actually worked out better than I thought.