Powermatic - 209HH 20" Helical Head Planer 5HP 1PH 230V
This item is now out of stock with the Manufacturer. Order now for mid-June delivery.
Item 835284Model 1791213
Item 825682Model 1791296
Item 839724Model 1791316
Item 830127Model 1610079
Item 838342Model 1610082
Item 855619Model MPLAN2010-0130
Item 843948Model 1610086K
Item 838340Model 1791267
This heavy duty planer offers performance and value, loaded with standard features not found on other machines in its class. The powerful 5HP motor and 20" planing capacity will handle the most demanding work. The helical cutterhead provides quieter operation and finer finishing than conventional systems, and the four-sided knife inserts seat themselves without requiring a set-up gauge. The 5" dust port connects easily to any dust collector. The anti-kickback fingers and pressure bar are located in close proximity to the cutterhead for an exceptional finish. The solid cast iron base, table and head are designed for production. The 2-speed oil bath gearbox transmits full power to feed rollers and facilitates fast speed changes at 24 and 31 FPM. The gearbox can be changed to 4-speed with the included gear to run lower speeds of 16 and 20 FPM. The corrugated infeed and fine groove outfeed rollers ensure a smooth feed. The precision ground and polished cast iron table rides on four steel columns giving it plenty of support for the larger workpiece. Heavy cast iron extension wings ensure a flat, smooth cut.
- 5HP motor and 20" planing capacity for heavy duty work
- Fully enclosed base cabinet with integrated casters for shop mobility
- Cast iron table with extensions creates a big 55-1/2" x 20" working area
- Four feed speeds - 24 and 31 FPM, 16 and 20 FPM with gear change - provide versatility
- Feed rollers and cutterhead supported by full cast iron head assembly for rigidity
- 5" diameter dust port
- Cast iron extension tables
Shipping / Billing Information
All shipments must be inspected and any damage reported within 3 days of receipt.
Address corrections and cancellations may not be possible once order is submitted. Requested changes may incur additional charges.
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
All returns must be pre-approved. Any non-warranty returns must be unused and in original packaging. A 25% restock fee will apply. Customer pays return freight. Please call our Customer Service Dept. at 1-800-535-4482 with any return questions.
Because this item is purchased and shipped directly from the manufacturer, their warranty supersedes any offered by Woodcraft. Click here for Powermatic Warranty
Instructions / MSDS
What a great step up from my delta benchtop planer. No more shoving wood through the machine or having it get stuck. Clean cuts with no high-pitched squeals. I'm glad I got the 20". It's just a bit more in cost but way bigger in power and potential. I'll never have to buy another machine.
Wonderful Cuts On Difficult Grain
This was an upgrade from a 15 inch HH. The power and speed of pass through is a time saver. While I rarely have boards 20 inches wide I do have many glue-ups wider than 15 inches. I have nothing but good things to say about this unit.
So far so good. Super QUIET and SMOOTH