Powermatic - 15" Planer with Helical Cutterhead, Model 15HH
Save 10% Now Through August 31, 2019
Items You May Need
Item 155637Model 291W
Item 838341Model 1791317K
Item 155681Model 1151
Item 825682Model 1791296
Item 840599Model 708543
Item 843948Model 1610086K
Item 835285Model 1791315
Item 850812Model MPLAN1510-0130
Item 838341Model 1791317K
Item 863179Model 25-130H
Item 838342Model 1610082
- The helical cutterhead provides smoother, quieter cutting and finer finish than conventional systems
- Powerful 3HP TEFC motor controlled with a magnetic switch for safety
- Three V-belts transfer maximum power to the cutterhead
- Serrated steel infeed roller and smooth steel outfeed roller allow for 1/8" maximum depth of cut and trouble free operation
- Large cast iron handwheel positions table quickly and easily
- Large, precision ground cast iron table and extensions provide maximum workpiece support
- Two speed gearbox features automatic chain tensioner
- One-piece welded steel stand has built-in lockable casters
- Steel top-mounted return rollers speed repetitive cuts
- Angled dust chute with 4" port positions collection hose away from the work area while providing efficient chip and dust collection
- Table locks firmly in place, preventing movement during cutting
- 3HP TEFC motor with magnetic controls
- 4" diameter dust port
- Cast iron extension tables
- Closed stand with built-in casters
- Amps : 15
- Column Diameter (in) : 2-3/16
- Dust Collection Minimum CFM Required : 800
- Dust Port Diameter (OD/in) : 4
- Feed Rate (FPM) : 16 and 20
- Height (in): 43.5
- Infeed Roller Diameter (in) : 2.070
- Length (in): 48
- Maximum Depth of Cut (in): 1/4
- Maximum Full Width Depth of Cut (in): 1/8
- Maximum Planing Thickness (in): 6
- Maximum Planing Width (in): 14-7/8
- Minimum Planing Length (in) : 8
- Motor HP : 3HP
- Motor Phase : 1PH
- Motor Voltage : 230V
- Net Weight : 507 pound
- Outfeed Roller Diameter (in) : 2.070
- Overall Dimensions : 48 x 28 x 43-1/2
- Part Number : 1791213
- Readout Scale : inch/metric
- Rotation (Forward/Reverse) : Fwd
- Segmented Infeed Roller Diameter (in) : 2.070
- Table Size (in) : 15 x 48 (w/ extensions)
- Table Support : 4 column
- Tool Supplied : yes
- Width (in): 28
- Shipping weight 537 lb.
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 2-5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
All returns must be pre-approved. Any non-warranty returns must be unused and in original packaging. A 25% restock fee will apply. Customer pays return freight. Please call our Customer Service Dept. at 1-800-535-4482 with any return questions.
Because this item is purchased and shipped directly from the manufacturer, their warranty supersedes any offered by Woodcraft. Click here for Powermatic Warranty
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
After 21,961 de-duped entrees to the Gold Rush Sweepstakes sponsored by Woodcraft, Powermatic and Woodcraft Magazine, we have our winners list to share with you. The contest promotion ran from August 1 to September 30th, 2013 where there were 5,552 store entries and 16,409 online & mail-in entries. Winners were selected on October 10, 2013.
I recently picked up a floor model for a small discount. I'm happy I did. I went into the store to look at other models and get something on order. But I walked out with this model fully assembled. I have been using a lunchbox planer for years. There is NO comparison. No more battles. Snipe is all but gone on the majority of the boards I have run through it. The finish is night and day from my old planer and it takes a fraction of the time. I'm very happy with my decision and don't expect I'll be buying another planer in my lifetime.
There IS nothing better
I've had my 15HH (Shelix-head) for 4 years now. There IS no better planer for figured wood. Life of the carbide inserts is insane and NO MORE SHARPENING! I've rotated mine once in 3 years. At that rate, the planer will be 12 years old before I have to purchase new cutters. Fit and finish of the Powermatic planer is exceptional!
Since buying this planer I've run some red Oak and hard maple through it with no problems, this thing is incredable. It came well packaged and took less than an hour to set-up. also, I really like the fact that I can move it around my shop with ease. Most of the big items in my shop are Powermatic so I am somewhat Bias but you can't go wrong with this planer. It is very well made and worth every penny.
Came pre-adjusted out of the crate, even though I checked all adjustments. Manual is excellent with illustrations. Had built-in lifting points to lift and remove from crate. Planed Hard Maple rough cut boards that had been kiln driec up to 13" wide with no effort and the smooth finish was excellent. Never bogged down. Through away my old Delta portable planer after first use of this planer. Heavy duty construction, craftsman of unit is excellent. Buy American.
Life made easy
I use this to plane the lumber, dimension raised panels, jointed hardwood up to 14" wide to be used in most of the case construction. I have a six " joiner and I have thought of going for a 12" combination machine and I choose this one. I am happy with that decision because I can plane my the wood after gluing the woods. After 1000 feet it still as the day I have started.