16" x 40" Electronic Variable Speed Wood Lathe - 1-1/2 HP 3 Ph 230V - JWL-1640EVS
Shipping Fee of $99.00
The Jet® JWL-1640EVS Wood Lathe is a powerful and versatile tool designed for precision and ease of use. A 1-1/2 horsepower motor delivers smooth and consistent performance, making the 1640 ideal for small and large projects. With its electronic variable speed control, heavy-duty...
Items You May Need
Swing Away for Jet 14" 16" and 18" LathesItem 865767
Lathe Guard for Jet 1640EVS 1840EVS and 1840DVR LathesItem 865768
The Jet® JWL-1640EVS Wood Lathe is a powerful and versatile tool designed for precision and ease of use. A 1-1/2 horsepower motor delivers smooth and consistent performance, making the 1640 ideal for small and large projects. With its electronic variable speed control, heavy-duty cast-iron construction, multiple spindle positions, and up to 16'' of swing over the bed and 40'' between centers, this lathe has enough for your most ambitious projects. A digital readout displays the current speed of the lathe, making it easy to track changes in speed and ensure that the lathe is operating at the desired speed. Overall, the Jet JWL-1640EVS Wood Lathe is an excellent choice for woodworkers of all skill levels who demand reliability, durability, and precision from their tools.
- Extended spindle nose houses dual headstock spindle bearings
- Improved tailstock quill locking mechanism incorporates an anti-rotation key
- Tailstock features Acme threads for smooth and durable movement
- Banjo uses non-marring, positive locking wedge system to securely hold tool post
- Tool post locking mechanism designed for years of consistent strength
- Spindle lock latch frees up both hands
- Electronic infinitely variable speed from 40 – 3200 RPM
- 36 integrated indexing positions
- Headstock locking handle is accessible from front of lathe
- Leg-mounted tool holder for convenience
- Inverter is enclosed for added protection
- E-Drive Inverter features a built in EMI filter
- Conveniently located digital readout
- Rubber tool mat on top of headstock
- Product: Wood Lathe
- Style: Floor Standing Model
- Motor Type: TEFC totally enclosed, fan-cooled; induction
- Power Transfer: V-belt
- Motor Power: 1-1/2 HP
- Motor Phase: 3 Ph
- Motor Voltage: 230V
- Motor Amps: 4.6A
- Motor Speed: 1720 RPM
- Prewired Voltage: 115V Input Only
- Recommended Circuit Size: 20A
- Swing Over Bed: 16-1/2"
- Swing Over Tool Rest Base: 12-7/8"
- Distance Between Centers: 40"
- Spindle Bore: 5/8"
- Tailstock Bore: 3/8"
- Spindle Taper: MT2
- Quill Taper: MT2
- Quill Travel: 4-1/4"
- Spindle Thread: 1-1/4" x 8 TPI
- Outboard External Threads: 3/4"-16 (LH)
- Spindle Speeds: High: 120-3200 RPM; Low: 40-1200 RPM
- Speed Range: 40-3200 RPM
- Number of Indexing Positions: 36
- Headstock Movement: Sliding
- Centerline of Spindle to Floor: 44-1/2"
- Outboard Turning: Yes
- Bed Construction: Cast Iron
- Assembled Machine Dimensions: 73" x 52-1/2" x 20"
- Net Weight: 377 lbs.
- (1) Jet JWL-1640EVS 16" x 40 Electronic Variable Speed Wood Lathe with headstock, tool support and tailstock
- (1) Tool rest
- (2) Legs
- (1) Spur center
- (1) Live center
- (1) Live cone center
- (1) Live cone center pin
- (1) Knockout rod
- (1) Faceplate (installed on lathe)
- (1) Faceplate wrench
- (4) Levelers
- (1) Tool shelf
- (1) Manual
Shipping / Billing InformationAll shipments must be inspected and any damage reported within 3 days of receipt.
Address corrections and cancellations may not be possible once order is submitted. Requested changes may incur additional charges.
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 7-10 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Articles & Blogs
Woodcraft 101 A New Lathe
Eric Gorges, host of A Craftsman's Legacy is a wonderful craftsman but didn't know much about turning wood. So, he headed to his local Woodcraft Store to pick up the tools and knowledge he would need to get started.
18" x 40" EVS Woodworking Lathe - 2 HP 3 Ph 230V - JWL-1840EVSItem 422793
10" x 15" Variable Speed Mini Lathe - 1/2 HP 1 Ph 115V - 1015VSItem 858828
12" x 21" Variable Speed Wood Lathe - 1 HP 1 Ph 115V - 1221VSItem 856325
14" x 20" Benchtop Woodworking Lathe - 1 HP 1 Ph 115V - PM2014Item 172522
20" x 2 20" Short Bed Woodworking Lathe - 2 HP 1 Ph 220V - PM2020Item 862951
14" x 20" VSR Midi Lathe - 1-1/2 HP 1 Ph 115VItem 174848
8" x 13" Variable Speed Pen LatheItem 172656
18" X 24" VSR Lathe - 2-1/2 HP 3 Ph 230VItem 184544