Zebrawood Knife Scale - 3/8" x 1-1/2" x 5" - 2 Piece
Woodcraft has brought together the most exceptional stock of domestic and exotic hardwood knife scale blanks–1" thick solid stock or matching 3/8" pieces. Each piece was selected for its striking figure and milled to sizes that make the knife making process easy and efficient with...
Woodcraft has brought together the most exceptional stock of domestic and exotic hardwood knife scale blanks–1" thick solid stock or matching 3/8" pieces. Each piece was selected for its striking figure and milled to sizes that make the knife making process easy and efficient with minimal waste.
Zebrawood (Microberlinia brazzavillensis) has a light golden yellow heartwood with streaks of dark brown to black. The stripes can be chaotic and wavy (flatsawn), or somewhat uniform (quartersawn). Zebrawood has a medium to course texture, with a lustrous surface that works well with hand and machine tools and finishes well. Zebrawood is used in cabinetry, furniture, inlay, marquetry, paneling, wood sculpture, carving, and for turning specialty items like pens, tool handles and wine stoppers.
- A hard, heavy, and very dense wood with good impact resistance
- Dimensionally stable, retains its shape well after machining
- Good polishing and finishing qualities
- Native to West Africa
- Thickness: 3/8"
- Width: 1-1/2"
- Length: 5"
- (1) Zebrawood Knife Scale Set - 3/8" x 1-1/2" x 5" - 2 Piece
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
Articles & Blogs
Craft custom knives for your favorite chef or yourself with Woodcraft’s new ZHEN Premium Damascus Knife Kits and Knife Scale Stock. Designed with the professional chef in mind, ZHEN Knives are the perfect gift for anyone who enjoys cooking, whether an amateur or professional, and making the high quality knives is easy with these kits. Years of Japanese knife making skill and technology go into forging the knife blades in these kits.
Beautiful wood finished with tung oil, will definitely use again!
Unmatched knife blanks
Not even close to being a matched pair of knife blanks. I realize that this is wood and the grain pattern will vary, but I would have expected the blanks to be split from one larger piece so they had one matching piece. Not so with this set. One was all straight grain, and the other was a beautiful wavy grain pattern.
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 153746
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 160087
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 159718
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 160088
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 160090
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 841213
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 131582