Wenge Knife Scale - 3/8" x 1-1/2" x 5" - 2 Piece
Woodcraft has brought together the most exceptional stock of domestic and exotic hardwood knife scale blanks–1" thick solid stock or matching 3/8" pieces. Each piece was selected for its striking figure and milled to sizes that make the knife making process easy and efficient with...
Wenge (Millettia laurentii) is very dark brown in color with very close, straight grain and fine black veins. Wenge is a dense exotic wood with excellent strength and hardness properties. It works well with hand and machine tools, though there is a slight blunting effect on cutting surfaces. It is an excellent turning stock. Wenge is commonly used for decorative boxes, accents, small cabinets, flooring, tool handles, paneling, and fine furniture.
- Dark brown with very close, straight grain and fine black veins
- Excellent turning stock
- Accepts clear finishes if the surface is wiped with a fast-drying solvent like acetone
- Native to Africa
- Thickness: 3/8"
- Width: 1-1/2"
- Length: 5"
- (1) Wenge Knife Scale - 3/8" x 1-1/2" x 5" - 2 Piece
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
Articles & Blogs
Craft custom knives for your favorite chef or yourself with Woodcraft’s new ZHEN Premium Damascus Knife Kits and Knife Scale Stock. Designed with the professional chef in mind, ZHEN Knives are the perfect gift for anyone who enjoys cooking, whether an amateur or professional, and making the high quality knives is easy with these kits. Years of Japanese knife making skill and technology go into forging the knife blades in these kits.
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 160090
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 841213
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 159386
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 160097
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 154606
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 160088
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 159718