Flight Starter Model Kit
Flight Starter is a mechanical launcher for light flying airplane models – three are included in this UGears kit. The model’s one-of-a-kind design is a pure work of imagination that produced a look resembling something from outer space – a star ship, a shuttle or a blaster gun from a science fiction adventure film. The all sci-fi design is implemented in the UGears skeleton steampunk style that allows you to look inside the working mechanism that you will assemble with your own hands. The launcher is equipped with a rubber band motor that provides tension that powers a plane’s release. The trigger that sets off the mechanism has a safety lock. Tension and therefore the distance your aircraft is going to cover are controlled by a winding crank. The range of your new cool ballistic model can exceed 30 meters – depending on the “bolts” used and how tight the crank is wound. A special support makes the crank a part of the platform for the aircraft you will launch. No glue or special tools are required to assemble this UGears mechanical launcher. Kit includes high-quality sustainable wood parts that fit together like a puzzle. Kit also includes a plywood glider and two paper airplanes you can use with your Flight Starter, along with any planes you design. Depending on how you adjust the angles of the wings and other elements of a plane before launching it into the sky, you can make it go into a loop, barrel-roll, nose-up and other fun maneuvers.
- Perfect STEM activity
- 198 pieces
- Assembly time: 3 hours
- Includes step-by-step instructions with color pictures
- (1) Flight Starter Model Kit
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.