Bandsaw Blade - 105" x 3/8" x 3 TPI - Alternate Set
Low tension, Swedish silicon steel bandsaw blades from Timber Wolf will outlast your old carbon steel blades. Your bandsaw will cut better and faster with less wear on bearings, shafts and tires. Tooth angles and gullet symmetries, combined with a unique set pattern, create a blade that...
Low tension, Swedish silicon steel bandsaw blades from Timber Wolf will outlast your old carbon steel blades. Your bandsaw will cut better and faster with less wear on bearings, shafts and tires. Tooth angles and gullet symmetries, combined with a unique set pattern, create a blade that is everything a wood-cutting blade was meant to be. Alternate Set tooth pattern means a great finish fast. The round design of the gullet eliminates any work hardening zones. This blade can make a 1-1/4"-radius cut and is a favorite of woodturners for cutting smaller radius bowl blanks, vases, etc. It is typically used for cutting green or exotic woods from 6" to 12" in height, as the 0.056" kerf opens up a little wider to remove saw dust and prevent the blade from being pinched.
- Ideal for roughing or milling green wood/logs or exotic woods
- High silicon, low carbide steel
- Runs cooler and lasts longer
- Runs under low tension which requires less horsepower
- Blade Length: 105"
- Blade Width: 3/8"
- Blade Thickness: 0.032" thin-kerf
- Teeth Per Inch: 3 TPI
- Tooth Design: Alternate Set
- Kerf: .056"
- Tooth Hook Angle: 6.5°
- Tooth Set Pattern: 5 Raker Set
- Radius of Cut: 1-1/4"
- Depth of Cut Range (Kiln Dried Hardwood): 3” – 12”
- Depth of Cut Range (Kiln Dried Softwood): 3” – 12”
- Depth of Cut Range (Green Wood Hardwood): 3" - 12"
- Depth of Cut Range (Green Wood Softwood): 3” – 12”
- (1) Timber Wolf - Bandsaw Blade - 105" x 3/8" x 3 TPI - Alternate Set
- These blades are not meant to be used on any 3-wheel saw or any saws with less than a 90" blade length or wheel diameter less than 14".
Articles & Blogs
I used this blade for less than one year for cutting bowl blanks in green wood. I separated at the weld. It should have lasted longer.
Used on a Jet 14" Deluxe Pro Bandsaw for turning blanks and milling slabs. Best blade I have used for making 12" thick cuts, however, it broke at the weld with alot of life still left in it. And, no, it was not overtensioned, getting hot, out of adjustment or too fast of a feed rate. Just a poor weld. I expect better quality for the price. I will try to silver braze it and get more use out of it.
Timber WolfItem 835443
Timber WolfItem 835441
Timber WolfItem 843002
Timber WolfItem 160956
Timber WolfItem 840618
Timber WolfItem 140190
Timber WolfItem 165997