Woodcraft Woodshop - Purpleheart - 2" x 2" x 12"
Purpleheart (Peltogyne spp.) is a medium to hardwood with tight, fairly straight grain and moderate to coarse texture. Bright purple when cut, it darkens to a deep purplish brown. Purpleheart is a...
Item 159722Model T62-212
- Bright purple when cut, it darkens to a deep purplish brown
- Terrific choice for specialty wood items including pens, knife scales and bottle stoppers
- Dimensionally stable hardwood with fairly straight grain
- Works to a medium to high luster
- Native to Central and South America
- Thickness: 2”
- Width: 2”
- Length: 12”
- (1) Purpleheart - 2" x 2" x 12" - Dimensioned Turning Stock
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- ¼" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.