Hollow Chisel Mortiser with Tilting Table, Model 719T
The 719T Tilt Table Mortiser features heavy-duty cast iron construction and a powerful 1HP motor for the most demanding jobs. The head is mounted using adjustable gibs to assure years of...
The 719T Tilt Table Mortiser features heavy-duty cast iron construction and a powerful 1HP motor for the most demanding jobs. The head is mounted using adjustable gibs to assure years of trouble-free service. The heavy rack and pinion gear system utilizes a spring-loaded six position adjustable handle for movement. A handy depth stop gives a uniform depth of mortise. A large 20-1/4" x 7" table gives plenty of work support and will adjust to any angle between 0 and 35°. The table can also move left to right and forward and back on dovetail ways with the large handwheel controls. Adjustable linear stops and flip down stop allow for precision repeatability. The quick adjust clamp provides plenty of work-holding force and will swivel to accommodate angled workpieces. The heavy enclosed steel cabinet provides plenty of storage inside for chisels and accessories.
• Sturdy cast iron construction with precision-machined column and table
• Quick position table mounted swiveling vise clamp accommodates angled work pieces
• Feed lever features size positions allowing for quick adjustments
• Table and fence tilt from 0 to 35° for angled mortises
• Gas cylinder controlled rack and pinion system for smooth head raising and lowering
• Hinged chuck door allows easy access for quick bit changes
• Quick adjust depth stop for uniform mortise depthsProvided 5/8", 3/4" and 1-1/8" bushings allow multiple chisel shank sizes
• Handwheels control smooth linear and cross table motionsAdjustable work stop for repeat cuts
Chisel Capacity (In.)
1/4 - 1
Chisel Center to Fence (In.) • 4
Chisel Shank Capacity (In.)
5/8, 3/4, 1-1/8
Chisel Stroke Maximum (In.)
Bushing Size (In.) 5/8, 3/4, 1-1/8
Chuck Size (In.) 1/2
Spindle Speed (RPM)
Spindle Taper N.A.
Table Size (L x W) (In.) 7 x 20-1/4
Table Tilt (Deg.) 0 - 35
Table Travel - Cross (In.) 4
Table Travel - Longitudinal (In.)
Fence Size (L x H) (In.) 4-1/2 x 20-1/4
Base Size (In.) 14 x 16
Motor Power (HP) 1
Motor Voltage (V.) 115/230
Motor Phase 1
Prewired Voltage (V.)
Motor Current (Amps) 11/5.5
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 2-5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
All returns must be pre-approved. Any non-warranty returns must be unused and in original packaging. A 25% restock fee will apply. Customer pays return freight. Please call our Customer Service Dept. at 1-800-535-4482 with any return questions.
Because this item is purchased and shipped directly from the manufacturer, their warranty supersedes any offered by Woodcraft. Click here for Powermatic Warranty
Instructions / MSDS
Can't go wrong
When I first brought this home, I was anxious to see just how easily it cut thourhg quarter sawn white oak, which I use a lot of. With sharp chisels, it performed above my expectations. Previously, I had used the drill press method to cut the mortises. This is machine is super. My only "problem" was that the ways were adjusted a little to tight from the factory, and it restricted the side-to-side motion of the table. After loosening them slightly, it performs perfectly. I researched this machine in the blogs and found many negative comments, most concerning the finish work on the cast iron or the side-to-side adjustability. I wasn't looking for perfection so I found no such problems. Besides, this isn't automobile body work. It's a tool designed to cut through very stubborn materials with ease. With some very simple personalization, this machine is spectacular. For the purpose it is intended, it exceeds my expectations (which were pretty high).
Good, solid machine
I have been using a Delta benchtop morticer for a few years that I found very useful, but decided to upgrade for the sliding table on the Powermatic. All I can say is this machine is awsome! Plenty of power and very accurate. My only complaint is that the table moves too quickly in the left/right direction - one hand wheel rotation and the table moves about 6". I replaced the left/right hand wheel with a larger one for finer control, and now the machine is perfect. Another advantage of the larger left/right wheel is that it is less likely confused with the front/back wheel. If you use mortises in your joinery, I highly recommend this product.