8" Parallelogram Jointer with Helical Cutterhead, Model PJ-882HH
Helical cutterhead with knife inserts provides smoother, quieter cutting and finer finish than conventional systemsExtra long 82" table for expanded work supportParallelogram design helps maintain...
You May Also Like
- Helical cutterhead with knife inserts provides smoother, quieter cutting and finer finish than conventional systems
- Extra long 82" table for expanded work support
- Parallelogram design helps maintain table parallelism and eases table raising and lowering
- Handwheel with worm gear system for precise fence tilting (Patented)
- 1/8" depth of cut limiter for fast table positioning
- High-mount switch for operator convenience
- No-mar fence insert protects table
- Cutterhead Diameter (in) : 3-1/16
- Cutterhead Speed (RPM) : 7000
- Cutting Capacity (W x D/in) : 8 x 1/2
- Dust Collection Minimum CFM Required : 800
- Dust Port Diameter (OD/in) : 4
- Fence Positive Stops (deg.) : +/-45, 90
- Fence Size (L x H/in) : 44-3/4 x 38-3/16
- Fence Tilts (deg.) : 45
- Height (in): 44
- Infeed Table Length (in): 44
- Length ((in): 84
- Motor Amps : 9
- Motor HP : 2HP
- Motor Phase : 1PH
- Motor Voltage : 230V
- Net Weight : 732 pound
- Number of Knives (Helical/Standard) : 54 four-sided inserts
- Outfeed Table Length (in) : 38
- Overall Dimensions : 84 x 28 x 44
- Part Number : 1610082
- Ship Weight : 764 pound
- Table Height (in) : 31-5/16
- Table Size (L x W/in) : 83 x 8
- Width : 28 (in)
- Shipping weight 764 lb.
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 2-5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
All returns must be pre-approved. Any non-warranty returns must be unused and in original packaging. A 25% restock fee will apply. Customer pays return freight. Please call our Customer Service Dept. at 1-800-535-4482 with any return questions.
Because this item is purchased and shipped directly from the manufacturer, their warranty supersedes any offered by Woodcraft. Click here for Powermatic Warranty
Instructions / MSDS
I debated for months whether to get a 6" or an 8" jointer, and whether to get the spiral cutter head or not. About a year ago I bought the Powermatic 8" parallelogram with the spiral cutter head and I am glad I did. The spiral cutter will cut practically anything and I would buy it again in a second. I can feed wood against the grain and get an incredibly smooth finish. The unit was nearly perfectly aligned right out of the crate. I installed a home-made long needle indicator to help with height adjustment (about 5 minutes work).
A True Investment In Quality
The Delta 6 inch jointer I replaced is not in the same class as this machine. The large PJ-882HH is unlike any 8 inch jointer I have ever used. Deep cuts are possible and the edge is smooth and clean. The lack of sound makes you check to insure it is cutting and/or running. If you want to move this unit about make sure you order the Powermatic mobil base.
I went to grizzly.com and got very excited about their prices. I ordered their 8" spiral cutterhead jointer. I'm not writing this to bash grizzly (I'm very pleased with their 17" bandsaw), I'm just describing the difference between paying the extra $1,000 for Powermatic vs. the less expensive brands. In general, the jointer is where most of your projects begin. You take your rough cut lumber and make one face and one edge perfectly flat. It is a very important machine. I recently received and grizzly catalog and looked in the "award" section for their jointers. Although their bandsaws were present, I did not see their jointers. I will not go into detail but their jointers are poorly designed (motor mount, side panels, fence adjustment), require significant assembly (mounting the motor and getting it aligned was miserable), and grizzly in general has poor quality control (chips and pits in various parts as well as blotchy paint). To make a long story short I ended up returning that jointer and received a full refund, which I commend them. When my powermatic pj-882hh arrived I instantly new is was a quality product just by the way it was packaged (I used some parts of the wood crate/supports in a few of my projects). There was almost no assembly required. When I turned it on I was amazed at how quiet, smooth, and powerful it sounded. The fence sliding action and tilt action were so graceful and effortless to adjust. The way the motor is mounted is brilliant and adjusting the tension is as simple as turning a bolt. I plan on purchasing more machines from grizzly in the future but I am so happy that they gave me a full refund so I could purchase this pj-882hh, it truly is a dream machine. Don't go cheap on your jointer!
A good solid built machine
Used for obtaining a straight face or edge on ruff lumber before planing. This machine is heavy and with the helical cutter head has very little vibration.
Last Jointer you'll ever have to buy
Upgraded to the 8" after using a Powermatic 6" 54A for the last six years. The 6" is a great machine but the Ph882 is in a completely different catagory. Will joint any hardwoods effortlessly with great end result and quality. The machine was effortless to put together because it basically came together with the exception of the blade guard. Out of the box it was true and ready to go. You cannot go wrong with this machine.
All the options
I decided on this unit after many months of debate. I was leaning toward the Jet model at a lot less of an investment. But the ease of adjusting the beds on the parallelogram style was the shining spot that moved me to this unit. Well, that and a 15% off sale. This unit also has longer beds for better cuts. I am very happy with the unit. It came square and true out of the carton. Has really no assembly other than the blade guard. The overall design eliminates alot of the maintenance chores with tuning in a jointer. There is no lying on your back looking for adjustment screws with wood dust falling in your eyes. The unit is huge and requires alot of space. I am glad I chose this model, it has the features to serve future generations.