6" Jointer with Helical Cutterhead, Model 54HH
Helical cutterhead with four-sided knife inserts provides smoother, quieter cutting and finer finish than conventional systems66" long adjustable infeed and outfeed tables provide more working...
You May Also Like
- Helical cutterhead with four-sided knife inserts provides smoother, quieter cutting and finer finish than conventional systems
- 66" long adjustable infeed and outfeed tables provide more working surface
- Fine/quick adjustment lever on infeed table for precision cuts
- Extra-long 38" two-way tilting fence with positive stops provides quick positioning for 90° or bevel cuts
- Enlarged sheet metal stand provides a sturdy base
- 1HP motor offers plenty of power
- Fence controls are center-mounted for convenience
- Push button switch is lockable to prevent accidental starting
- 4" port for dust collection
- 1HP TEFC Motor
- Two push blocks
- Dust collection port
- Cutterhead guard
- Industrial push-button switch
- Cutterhead Speed (RPM) : 6000
- Cutting Capacity (W x D/in) : 6 x 1/2
- Dust Collection Minimum CFM Required : 800
- Dust Port Diameter (OD/in) : 4
- Fence Positive Stops (deg.) : 45 left, 90, 45 right
- Fence Size (L x H/in) : 38 x 4
- Fence Tilts (deg.) : 45 left, 45 right
- Height (in) : 37.5
- Infeed Table Length (in) : 32-1/2
- Length (in) : 66
- Model Number : 54HH
- Motor Amps : 13/6.5
- Motor HP : 1HP
- Motor Phase : 1PH
- Motor Voltage : 115/230V
- Net Weight : 328 pound
- Number of Knives (Helical/Standard) : 40 four-sided knife inserts
- Outfeed Table Length (in) : 32-1/2
- Overall Dimensions : 66 x 24 x 37-1/2
- Part Number : 1791317K
- Prewired : Prewired 115V
- Standard Knife Size (L x W x T/in) : 0.59 x 0.59 x 0.10
- Table Height (in) : 31-1/2
- Table Size (L x W/in) : 66 x 7-1/4
- Width (in) : 24
- Shipping weight 328 lb.
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 2-5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
All returns must be pre-approved. Any non-warranty returns must be unused and in original packaging. A 25% restock fee will apply. Customer pays return freight. Please call our Customer Service Dept. at 1-800-535-4482 with any return questions.
Because this item is purchased and shipped directly from the manufacturer, their warranty supersedes any offered by Woodcraft. Click here for Powermatic Warranty
Instructions / MSDS
Works flawlessly from the get-go
I'm a weekend wood warrior and after saving up some coin finally had enough to purchase my 1st jointer. After doing a ton of research decided on on this helical model. 1st, if you get this unit, *get the mobile base!*. I've got a 2-car garage with 1/2 the garage dedicated to woodworking. The jointer is quite heavy, and having the mobile base makes it a breeze to move it around. The unit came in two boxes; one with the base unit and one with the jointer itself. You will definitely want some assistance when putting the unit together. Read through the manual before putting the unit together. You will want some kerosene to remove the protective coating on the tables and fence, and a good wax to coat them once the coating has been removed. I had seen all sorts of videos about having a long straight-edge, feeler gauges, etc. and was prepared to have a long, tedious process of setting up the unit, but after getting the unit installed and the fence set at 90 degrees found that the unit cut true from the beginning. Woohoo! The 1st project was building a simple workbench out of 8' 2x4 boards, and the jointer got a solid workout the 1st day. The unit worked flawlessly, was easy to use and surprisingly quiet. The dust collector worked very well, and there was minimal shavings/dust around the unit after running 25 8' boards through. Best purchase for the shop ever!
Perfect right out of the box
I read up a lot about Jointer's before making this purchase. Admittly after deciding to pay nearly twice as much for a Powermactic Jointer vs other brands...let's just say I had pretty high expectations. Well, after setting up the machine I'm more then pleased. It was near flawless right out of the box!!! I had even purchased a new straight edge antisapating using it to do tedious adjustments...but there was no need...it was perfectly parallel! Only minor fence adjustments were needed. Setup was quick, fit and finish of the unit is outstanding. The store manager at a Woodcraft provided outstanding service walking me through the working of the unit at the store...I guess you DO get what you pay for, it's great product.
Make perfect flat, square wood surfaces - this machine is a solid performer. The helical cutterhead is so quiet, I do not even use my ear muffs. The dust collection port works very well. Use a rust protection product for the table surface as it will rust without that step.