Porter-Cable Deluxe Plate Joiner Kit
Whether you're a professional or weekend warrior, the Porter-Cable 557 uses carbide blades, offers a host of cutting options, and delivers precise, reliable results. No matter what type of wood...
- Four-inch blade makes standard-size cuts
- Plate joiner kit handles a variety of wood and offers seven different cutting settings
- Industry-leading, super powerful 7.5 Amp motor rotates blade at 10,000 RPM
- Measures seven inches in height and weighs 7.5 pounds
- Comes with 4" blade, centering plate, wrench, dust bag, and chip deflector
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 2-4 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Contact Customer Service at 800-535-4482 for information on returns. Non-defective returns may be subject to a 20% restocking fee and return freight.
PORTER-CABLE CORPORATION warrants to the original purchaser that all products covered under this warranty are free from defects in material and workmanship. Products covered under this warranty include air compressors, air tools, service parts, pressure washers, and generators, which have the following warranty periods:
- 3 YEARS - Limited warranty on 2-stage oil-free air compressor pumps that operate at 1725 RPM.
- 2 YEARS - Limited warranty on oil-lubricated air compressor pumps.
- 1 YEAR - Limited warranty on all other air compressor components.
- 2 YEARS - Limited warranty on electric generator alternators.
- 1 YEAR - Limited warranty on other generator components.
- 2 YEARS - Limited warranty on pneumatic air tools.
- 1 YEAR - Limited warranty on pressure washers used in consumer applications (i.e. personal residential household usage only).
- 90 DAY - Pressure washers used for commercial applications (income producing) and service parts.
- 1 YEAR - Limited warranty on all accessories.
Porter-Cable will repair or replace, at Porter-Cable's option, products or components which have failed within the warranty period. Service will be scheduled according to the normal work flow and business hours at the service center location, and the availability of replacement parts. All decisions of Porter-Cable Corporation with regard to this limited warranty shall be final. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
RESPONSIBILITY OF ORIGINAL PURCHASER (initial User):
- To process a warranty claim on this product, DO NOT return it to the retailer. The product must be evaluated by a Porter-Cable Authorized Warranty Service Center. For the location of the nearest Porter-Cable Authorized Warranty Service Center call 1-888-559-8550, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Retain original cash register sales receipt as proof of purchase for warranty work.
- Use reasonable care in the operation and maintenance of the product as described in the Owner’s Manual(s).
- Deliver or ship the product to the nearest Porter-Cable Authorized Warranty Service Center. Freight costs, if any, must be paid by the purchaser.
- Air compressors with 60 and 80 gallon tanks will be inspected at the site of installation. Contact the nearest Porter-Cable Authorized Warranty Service Center that provides on-site service calls, for service call arrangements.
- If the purchaser does not receive satisfactory results from the Porter-Cable Authorized Warranty Service Center, the purchaser should contact Porter-Cable.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
Instructions / MSDS
Haven't been HAPPIER!!
This is the first time I have ever been compelled to write a review on a tool, but the 557 just blew me away. I had a shelf project that biscuits made perfect sense for, but I didn't own a joiner or had ever used one, yet with in minutes I wasnt just using it, I was done. Very easy setup, very solid feel, plenty of power, and the in store help at the Cleveland Woodcraft was above and beyond, can't wait to find more reasons to biscuit things.
Why did I wait so long to buy it?
I started using this straight out of the box. It is so easy to use. This is better than the cheap one I purchased to save money. In the the end, it cost me more. You get what you pay for and this Porter Cable is worth its weight in gold. Why did I wait so long to purchase?
Made in china !!
the switch remains stuck in '' ON '' position. I'll fix it myself because [...] I need this tool!
Setups are easy and quick.
Project involved two sizes of biscuits with both surface and corner joints. Plate joiner made those setups easy and accurate.
A joiner for the rest of us
I make everything from shop jigs to fine furniture. I needed a tool for good mechanical strength joining that was also easy to use, and would work. This is one of the few Porter Cable tools ( and some their routers ) that Black & Decker did not turn into another cheap piece of plastic. Granted it is not a Domino, but I am also not a Norm Abrams. It works exactly as it should. To be honest, I did not need it at the time I bought it, but I wanted one before it became a 100.00 throw away. And yes, I am very upset at what has happened to Porter Cable quality.
You get What You pay For!
As the headline indicates, I had a less expensive brand and I got what I paid for, less quality and not very user friendly. I purchased the Porter Cable Deluxe Plate Jointer and I think it is the Best.
Great for face frames and aligning boards for glue ups
Great tool, minor issues
I like how the tool handles. The dust port is too small and clogs when using the bag. I did have to adjust the depth of cut, it was set to deep for the biscuits.
I WOULD BUY THIS AGAIN
I LIKE THE FEEL OF IT IN MY HANDS,READ BALANCE. ALTHOUGH I HAVE USED OTHER MAKES, THIS IS THE BEST
Not as good as some reviews
When I went to change to the smaller 2" blade, I found that one of the screws on the blade cover was casted with lumps of casting in the screw slot. It took some time to remove the screw. The the removal of the blade, had to be done by the aproved shop due to being installed to tight at the factory. The shop had to drill out the screw for the blade. And I had to wait two weeks to continue on my project. The shop said that they have had this problem with other porter cable jointer in the past. Dust removal is not good, even with a slow plung the removal hole gets plugged. not great for the top of the line product!
Easy to set up
I have tried some cheaply made biscuit joiners before but this was easy to use and set up. Very accurate.
An excellent tool.
The only thing I would like to see is a return spring that is a bit stronger. When doing verticle cuts the plunge requires very little pressure which might compromise control and accuracy. Otherwise a very well built, powerful, and accurate tool.
Good machine, [...]
Trying to find time to put it to use it.
Still trying to find time to use it.
I have used alot of tools and many other joiners.But have to say this one is great.
I reviewed several options for quick joints and out of all the tooling that is available this joiner offered all the versitity that anyone could want. The video on the manufactures website is very accurate and I tried all the special setups without any major difficulties. Looking forward to building a few plywood shop cabinets wiith this tool.
Side by side Porter-Cable is the best!
Easy to adjust and use. With several differant brands on the job site, everybody wanted to use the Porter-Cable! Professional job every time.