Heavy-Duty Universal Mobile Base
The Heavy-Duty Universal Mobile Base is a tough, adjustable mobile base for moving large power tools or other heavy objects. PM-2500 is perfect for heavy machines and tools like table saws, bandsaws, planers, jointers, shapers, and sanding machines. It also works well to move large...
The Heavy-Duty Universal Mobile Base is a tough, adjustable mobile base for moving large power tools or other heavy objects. PM-2500 is perfect for heavy machines and tools like table saws, bandsaws, planers, jointers, shapers, and sanding machines. It also works well to move large cabinets and toolboxes. The PM-2500 adds mobility to most difficult to move objects in the workshop, gliding effortlessly to its destination and then setting on the ground with a quick flip of the steel levers with your feet. The mobile base is very low profile, only increasing machine height 1" at rest.
- All-steel construction uses formed steel rails to adjust to various rectangles
- Heavy-duty 650-lb. capacity accommodates most woodworking machinery
- Foot operated steel locking levers with 3" non-marring ball bearing wheels and casters
- Adjusts in 1" increments from 12" x 12" to 34" x 34" square or up to a 18" x 50" rectangle
- Recommended for heavy tools like table saws, bandsaws, planers, jointers and sanding machines, the Portamate PM-2500
- Load Rating: 650 lb.
- Adjustment Range: 12" x 12" to 34" x 34"
- Maximum Square: 34" x 34"
- Maximum Rectangle: 18" x 50"
- Adjustment Increment: 1"
- (1) BORA Portamate - PM2500 - Heavy Duty Universal Power Tool Mobile Base
Instructions / MSDS
5 Star Product with 1 Star Manual
This Portamate 2500 is actually a really decent product. It’s pretty hefty and it fits equipment well, rounding to the nearest inch. As noted by others, the instruction manual has (politely) severe issues. Go to YouTube, and you will find at least a couple of much improved approaches to assembly. Doing the wheels first, then sizing the unit to your equipment will make it much easier to get done.
Instruction book update
Put the mobile base together the other day. First off the instruction booklet was put together SO HAPHAZEDLY, one page in English then the next page if Spanish through out. The illustrations should be bigger to see more clearly how the parts go together. And the parts themselves should be individually marked, similar to put together furniture that usually has a sticker on each piece. Once together the mobile base functions as it should, but because of the instruction booklet I can not give it 5 stars.
Purchased this to go under a 6" Jet jointer Model JJ-6CSDX, net weight about 240 lbs so it is only loaded to less than 50 rated capacity. It is fairly easy to assemble. Unit is very stout and the jointer moves like it is on greased glass - very smooth. Recommend this base.
Bora PortamateItem 866827