Padauk 10 Board Foot Lumber Pack
This item has an additional shipping charge
African Padauk (pterocarpus soyauxii) is a medium to hard wood, color can vary, ranging from a pale pinkish orange to a deep brownish red. Most pieces tend to start reddish orange when freshly cut, darkening substantially over time to a reddish/purplish brown. The grain is generally...
African Padauk (pterocarpus soyauxii) is a medium to hard wood, color can vary, ranging from a pale pinkish orange to a deep brownish red. Most pieces tend to start reddish orange when freshly cut, darkening substantially over time to a reddish/purplish brown. The grain is generally straight to slightly interlocked with a fine to medium texture. Padauk is easy to work, though it does have a moderate blunting effect on cutters. Tearout may also occur during planing on quartersawn or interlocked grain. A popular hardwood among hobbyist woodworkers because of its unique color, some common uses for Padauk include: cabinetry, furniture, veneer, interior paneling, flooring, turned objects, musical instruments, tool handles and other small specialty wood objects.
Build a wide variety of small projects with this Padauk 10 board foot (nominal) lumber pack. The pack contains assorted sizes 4" and wider x 3' to 4' long x 7/8" thick.
- Surfaced 2 sides and straight line ripped on 1 edge
- Select and better grade
- Kiln dried
- Unique reddish orange color
- Excellent choice for outdoor use due to being highly resistant to decay and insect attack
- Glues & finishes well (accepts both oil and water-based finishes)
- Native to Central and tropical West Africa
- Thickness: 7/8"
- Width: 4" and wider (varies)
- Length: 3' to 4' (varies)
- (1) Padauk 10 Board Foot Lumber Pack
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock.
- The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Larger blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Smaller blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Spindle stock (1-1/2" T x 2" W) is dimensioned to within +/-1/8" of size listed.
Shipping / Billing InformationThis product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 7-10 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Each piece of wood is unique. Due to the nature of this product, this item is non-returnable.
Due to the nature of the product, lumber from this manufacturer is not warranteed.
Articles & Blogs
I have used padauk for woodworking projects for several years. Although rough cut lumber is a bit cheaper, it is not nearly as good a quality as this product.
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827942
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827931