Jet - 6" Deluxe Jointer with QS Knives, Model JJ-6CSDX
This item is now out of stock with the Manufacturer. Order now for late August shipping.
Item 838337Model 708466DXK
Item 843944Model 708476
Item 839589Model 708475
Item 830127Model 1610079
Item 838341Model 1791317K
Item 842696Model 707410
- Three high-speed steel quick change knives provide rapid cutting, a superior finish and eliminates the need for a knife setting gauge
- Extra-long heavy-duty cast iron infeed and outfeed tables with precision machined finish
- Built-in rabbeting ledge adds versatility
- Two-way tilting fence with positive stops at 45° and 90° to handle bevel operations
- Exclusive front-mounted table adjustment handwheels make quick, easy and accurate corrections
- Industrial push-button controls are conveniently placed for easy access
- Built-in dust chute with 4" port connects to your collection system for efficient dust/chip disposal
- Center fence controls are conveniently mounted to allow quick adjustments
- Powerful 1HP motor easily handles the toughest jointing tasks
- Heavy-duty, one-piece steel closed stand includes mounting tabs for increased stability
- Cutterhead Speed (RPM) : 6000
- Cutting Capacity (W x D/in) : 6-1/16 x 1/2
- Dust Collection Minimum CFM Required : 350
- Dust Port Diameter (OD/in) : 4
- Fence Positive Stops (deg.) : 45 R, 90, 45 L
- Fence Size (L x H/in) : 32-3/4 x 3-7/8
- Fence Tilts (deg.) : 45 R, 45 L
- Height (in) : 23
- Length (in) : 58.5
- Model Number : JJ-6CSDX
- Motor Amps : 13/6.5
- Motor HP : 1HP
- Motor Phase : 1Ph
- Motor Voltage : 115/230V
- Net Weight : 237 pound
- Number of Knives (Helical/Standard) : 3
- Part Number : 708457DXK
- Prewired : 115V
- Rabbeting Capacity (in) : 1/2
- Rabbeting Ledge (in) : 3-1/8 x 8-3/4
- Standard Knife Size (L x W x T/in) : 6-1/16 x 3/4 x 5/64
- Table Height (in) : 31-1/4
- Table Size (L x W/in) : 56 x 7-3/8
- Width (in) : 21.5
Shipping / Billing Information
All shipments must be inspected and any damage reported within 3 days of receipt.
Address corrections and cancellations may not be possible once order is submitted. Requested changes may incur additional charges.
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
So far So good
Easy to set up and easy to use. Keeps the settings tight and with tolerances. Its a joy to use. Cant wait to use it again.
This is a very good jointer
I've had this jointer for over a year. I also had a twisted fence when I received it new. I contacted the manufacturer and after using a straight edge and feeler gauges, I proved to them that it was twisted. They sent me a replacement free of charge within a few days. The replacement was straight and it's worked perfectly ever since. The motor is strong, and it runs smooth. It easily face joints a 6" wide board. I have the HSS straight knives. They leave a pretty smooth surface. I just wish I had sprung for the helical cutter head.
The best value jointer on the market
So after lots of research and looking around I decieded on this jointer. I realized that this tool was used most often in my shop next to table saw, so it had to be good. After burning up a lesser quality jointer (ridgid) I decided to invest in one that I would not have trouble finding parts for and should last a very long time. This thing is powerful, straight, and heavy. There is adjustment every where to fine tune it to your needs. Even adjustment to make the tables coplaner should they ever sag (I don't see that being an issue). The quick set blades are a time saver plus they are two sided and cost less than regular blades. As with all Jet tools they took time to add little details that make a lot of difference and add value in the end. If you are interested in purchasing this planer go to wood craft and ask to see the user manual it shows lots of things you may not have know unless you are very familar with higher end jointers. Bottom line spend a little more and get this jointer it will save you money and time in the long run.
Jet deluxe jointer
Good dust control allows indoor use. Longer bed makes jointing 8 or 10 foot boards much safer, comfortable, and gives better results. I love the quick change knives. No problem with jointing 6 inch wide stock and gives excellent finish. Only complaint is that the fence is not 100% flat. Testing the bed with steel straight edge revealed perfect flatness. I would buy this jointer again without reservation.