Black Limba - 3/4" x 3" x 24"
Black Limba (Terminalia superba), also known as Korina or Afara, is a straight to slightly interlocking grain. Heartwood is light yellowish to golden brown with gray to black veining. Sapwood is pale gray to yellowish-brown and is not clearly demarcated from the heartwood. Color of wood...
- Yellowish to golden brown with gray to black veining
- Machines well
- Sands, glues and finishes well
- Native of Africa
- Thickness: 3/4"
- Width: 3"
- Length: 24"
- (1) Black Limba – 3/4" x 3" x 24" - Dimensional Lumber
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.