Patternmaker's Carving Vise
The WoodRiver® Patternmaker's Carving Vise is a versatile vise designed for holding irregular shaped items. The heavy cast iron body swivels a full 360 degrees and adjustable swiveling jaws adapt to most shapes and can be locked in position for a secure grip. These jaws pivot and...
The pattern maker's vise attaches to your work surface using 5/8" acme threaded rod and a large cast iron wing nut. This design is easy to set up and remove and supports use with tops and benches up to 4-1/2" thick. This versatile heavy duty vise has a place in any workshop.
- Vise body and jaws swivel 360 degrees
- Clamp virtually any shape including non-parallel workpieces
- Perfect for holding table legs for shaping or carving
- Useful for carving and fitting gunstocks
- Luthiers find this vise essential for building & repair. Perfect for holding instrument bodies and necks for shaping and sanding.
- Wooden Jaw Width: 4-7/8"
- Maximum Jaw Opening: 6"
- Mounting Stud Size: 5/8" D x 8-3/4" L
- Secure to up to a 4-1/2" thick workbench or tabletop with the ACME threaded rod and large winged nut
- (1) WoodRiver Patternmaker's Carving Vise
- Vise jaws can be replaced/customized to suit your application.
I too bought this vise for use in making black powder guns. I made some wooden jaws and glued felt over them. I turned to all right. I expect to get a lot of use out of it.
This is an awesome vise. I bought this specifically as a gunstock carving vise. I had seen good reviews on forums and thought I would take a chance. It is great. I am very happy. Woodcraft is a great place to get gouges for carving also. James Turpin say. ;)
This supports carving and wood working in a small New York Apartment. It very versitile.
Great Gunsmithing Vise
The perfect vise for luthiers!
I use it to hold a guitar body while detail sanding it & also it securely holds a guitar neck blank while carving it. It's the perfect vise for luthiers.
Does the job, good price for this type
A gunstock vise can cost a lot of money. This is the best price by far. I use it for woodcarving object that a square-jawed vise won't hold well. But it looks like a typical Chinese import when it comes to quality of steel, so don't bounce it on the concrete.
I like it a lot!
Be aware that it is a lot bigger then it looks in the picture.
Well Made, Sturdy
Most versatile vice I have ever owned. Works great with odd shapes and larger items.
10-1/2" Quick Release Workbench ViseItem 162796