WoodRiver - Patternmaker's or Gunstock Carving Vise
The feature of the WoodRiver® Patternmaker's or Gunstock Carving Vise that may be most important to woodworkers is that this vise has adjustable swiveling jaws. Once the bolts, which tighten down...
In addition to the swiveling jaws, the heavy cast-iron vise body also swivels 360 degrees. The added versatility of a swiveling body makes it possible to work on or off of the edge of a work surface a feature that may be crucial when working with larger items. A good vise is the central hub of your workshop. Every repair or building job benefits from a solid, secure vise.
- Vise body and jaws swivel 360 degrees
- Clamp virtually any shape including non-parallel workpieces
- Perfect for holding table legs for shaping or carving
- Useful for carving gunstock
- Luthiers this a terrific guitar building & repair vise. Use this vise to hold a guitar body while detail sanding it and to securely hold a guitar neck blank while carving it
- The jaws are 4-7/8" wide with a maximum opening of 6"
- Secure to up to a 4-1/2" thick workbench or tabletop with the threaded rod and large winged nut
- Mounting stud size: 5/8" D x 11" L
I too bought this vise for use in making black powder guns. I made some wooden jaws and glued felt over them. I turned to all right. I expect to get a lot of use out of it.
This is an awesome vise. I bought this specifically as a gunstock carving vise. I had seen good reviews on forums and thought I would take a chance. It is great. I am very happy. Woodcraft is a great place to get gouges for carving also. James Turpin say. ;)
This supports carving and wood working in a small New York Apartment. It very versitile.
Great Gunsmithing Vise
The perfect vise for luthiers!
I use it to hold a guitar body while detail sanding it & also it securely holds a guitar neck blank while carving it. It's the perfect vise for luthiers.
Does the job, good price for this type
A gunstock vise can cost a lot of money. This is the best price by far. I use it for woodcarving object that a square-jawed vise won't hold well. But it looks like a typical Chinese import when it comes to quality of steel, so don't bounce it on the concrete.
I like it a lot!
Be aware that it is a lot bigger then it looks in the picture.
Well Made, Sturdy
Most versatile vice I have ever owned. Works great with odd shapes and larger items.