T-8 Water Cooled Sharpening System
Some believe the T-7 is the best motorized sharpener out there – but we know the people at Tormek. They don’t sit around collecting awards and congratulating themselves on a job well done. Instead, they continually search for ways to make the best better, and we offer the T-8 as...
Items You May Need
Some believe the T-7 is the best motorized sharpener out there – but we know the people at Tormek. They don’t sit around collecting awards and congratulating themselves on a job well done. Instead, they continually search for ways to make the best better, and we offer the T-8 as evidence.
The Tormek® T-8 has a new Water Trough with a screw lift for easier fit that reduces water sloshing during removal and a magnetic scraper for efficient cleanup. They included the improved Square Edge Jig (SE-77), which has a movable side to permit fine setting adjustments that ensure 90° corners and the ability to create a chamfered shape on plane irons. But the real kicker is the new body. Instead of a two-part sheet metal/internal support body with mounted sleeves for the universal support, the T-8 has a precision one-piece fully cast body, with the sleeves cast into the body. This design provides unparalleled stability that improves both control and accuracy to make the T-8 the premier sharpening machine and a worthy successor to carry on Tormek inventor Torgny Jansson’s vision. Since Jansson founded Tormek (short for Torgny’s Mekaniska) in 1973, the Swedish company has continued to produce, refine and improve on the best solutions for sharpening edge tools.
- Fine setting adjustments that ensure 90° corners and the ability to create a chamfered shape on plane irons
- Industrial AC motor is maintenance-free, shows minimal RPM loss under heavy load and is tested for a 25,000-hour service life
- Included SE-77 Square Edge Jig accepts blades up to 3" in width
- Truing and Dressing Tool with micro-adjustable screw feed trues the grindstone exactly round and flat
- Dual knobs for smooth feed across the stone
- Geared lift on water trough lets you raise the trough tightly up to wheel with the turn of a dial
- Stainless steel hardware prevents rust and wear on bearings
- Cast housing reduces vibration for improved accuracy
- RKX18 rubber proprietary drive wheel ensures years of silent and reliable operation
- Product Dimensions: 12" H x 10-5/8" W x 10-5/8" D
- Tormek Original Grindstone: Aluminum oxide - 2" x 10" - 90 RPM
- Leather Honing Wheel Size: 1-1/4" x 8-5/8''
- (1) Tormek T-8 Sharpening System
- (1) SE-77 Square Edge Jig
- (1) TT-50 Truing and Dressing Tool
- (1) SP-650 Stone Grader
- (1) WM-200 AngleMaster
- (1) PA-70 Honing Compound
- (1) HB-10 Handbook
- (1) Tormek DVD