Bolivian Rosewood - 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 6"
Bolivian Rosewood (Machaerium scheleroxylon), sometimes referred to as morado wood, is deep, dark, chocolate brown to purple-black in color with occasional strips of even darker grain patterns. This species is hard and heavy with a fine texture in variable tones and when worked,...
- Dark chocolate brown
- When worked exhibits a smell reminiscent of walnut
- Turns and finishes well
- Native to South America
- Thickness: 1-1/2”
- Width: 1-1/2”
- Length: 6”
- (1) Bolivian Rosewood - 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 6" - Wood Turning Stock
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 838477