Revo 12 I 16 Midi Lathe EVS
Shipping Fee of $99.00
This item is out of stock with the manufacturer. Order now for a mid June shipment.
With the unique outboard turning feature the Laguna Revo 1216 Midi Lathe allows turning of wood blanks up to 16”.Three speed ranges are easily changed using the front access door – with no tools needed. A magnetic closure holds the door shut. Simply rotate the handle 90° to elevate the...
Items You May Need
With the unique outboard turning feature the Laguna Revo 1216 Midi Lathe allows turning of wood blanks up to 16”.
Three speed ranges are easily changed using the front access door – with no tools needed. A magnetic closure holds the door shut. Simply rotate the handle 90° to elevate the motor and lower the pulleys and then adjust the belt position. Turn the handle back to re-tension. Once a speed range (low, mid or high) is selected, you can dial into the exact speed you want using the silver knob. The bright blue digital display shows the selected speed.
The green (on) and red (off) buttons are big and easy to press. A forward-reverse toggle button allows you to change the direction of rotation.
A 24-position indexing plate allows the headstock to rotate in 15° increments. The headstock and tail stock accept an MT2 taper. A drive center and live center are included.
The PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) motor utilizes transistors for fast communication between the motor and controller. PWM controls stabilize the RPM and provide consistent torque (voltage) when using speeds at low RPM so you can turn with confidence at any speed on the Laguna Revo 1216 Midi Lathe EVS.
Includes lathe, face plate, drive center, live center, center knock out rod and face plate wrench.
- Bright blue digital display
- Forward and reverse rotation
- Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) motor provides consistent torque at low speeds
- Simple speed change with front belt access and dial in knob
- MT2 taper on both spindle and tail stock
- Motor: 1 HP DC Permanent Magnet Motor
- Controller: Pulse Width Modulation (PWM)
- Electrical Requirements: 110V-1PH-60HZ
- Recommended Breaker Size: 110V - 15 AMP
- Speed Range: 650 - 3500 RPM (high), 325 - 1750 RPM (mid), 50 - 525 RPM (low)
- Distance Between Centers: 15.5” (394mm)
- Swing Over Bed: 12-1/2” (318mm)
- Swing Over Banjo: 9-1/2” (241mm)
- Max. Outboard Swing: 16” (406.4mm)
- Spindle Bore: 3/8” (9.5mm)
- Spindle Taper: MT2
- Spindle Thread: 1”x 8 TPI (both ends)
- Indexing: 24 positions with Lock Drive belt
- Tail stock quill travel: 2-1/2” (63.5mm)
- Tail stock taper: MT2
- Floor to bed height: 6.7” (170mm)
- Floor to Spindle Center: 13” (328.75mm)
- Bed Length 29.4” (746.8mm)
- Tool Rest Length: 6” (152.4mm)
- Tool Rest Post Diameter: 1” (25.4mm)
- Faceplate Diameter: 3” (76.2mm)
- Certification: CSA C/US 256540
- Overall Size: 29.4” L x 8.9” W x 17.4” H (746.8mm x 226mm x 442mm)
- Net Weight: 118 lb. (53.5kg)
- Shipping Weight: 125 lb. (56.7kg)
- Shipping Dimensions: 35.8” L x 14.6” W x 20.5” H
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 7-21 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
- Liftgate and Residential Delivery is covered with the excess weight fee, and the freight company will call the day before delivery to set up a time at no charge to you.
If purchased at a Woodcraft Store, please return the item directly to the store where your purchase was made.
New woodworking machines sold by Laguna Tools carry a two-year warranty effective from the date of shipping. Laguna bandsaw blades' welds are backed by their 1-yr manufacturer's warranty. Machines sold through dealers must be registered with Laguna Tools within 30 days of purchase to be covered by this warranty. Laguna Tools guarantees all new machine sold to be free of manufacturers’ defective workmanship, parts and materials. Laguna Tools will repair or replace, without charge, any parts determined by Laguna Tools, Inc. to be a manufacturer’s defect. They require that the defective item/part be returned to Laguna Tools with the complaint. In the event the item/part is determined to be damaged due to lack of maintenance, cleaning or misuse/abuse, the customer will be responsible for the cost to replace the item/part, plus all related shipping charges.
For warranty repair information, call 1-800-332-4094.
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
solid lathe for smaller projects.
This is a great lathe for smaller projects, a downside tho is it just doesnt have the power for a 12inch piece let alone anything to be used in outside turning, for which I bought the accessories that are practically useless. Good for what it is, but know that if you want to work bigger, buy bigger.
Great and well made machine, good for small projects
I really like this machine. It is a solid, well balanced machine, and definitely worth the price. The machine is really quiet and smooth running, it does make a loud whining sound from the headstock at higher speeds but it still smooth. Banjo is well made and solid, locks in place securely. Tool post clamp was pretty loose. Tail stock is very solid as well, although I make mostly bowl type projects. I got the stand, mobility kit, and 10" extension for outboard turning. There are really only a couple minor criticisms, none a real deal breaker. Tool post clamp takes a VERY heavy hand to clamp the tool rest, and even then it will move over tine with use. This little handle on the screw will eventually break, as pushing on this so hard will weaken it over time for sure. Either the hole in the clamp is too large, or the post is too small, or possibly a combination of both. The outboard bearing will literally fall out as soon as the hand brake is removed. The advertising literature states that the outboard bearing is a press fit...absolutely NOT true. The machine REQUIRES either the hand brake or the adapter included with the outboard kit, as these actually hold the bearing in place. IMO, this is a pretty bad design. Tightening the hand brake too much puts a bind on the bearings and actually keeps the shaft from turning smoothly. This will lead to early bearing failure. If the set screws on the adapter are not tightened gradually and evenly, the adapter will not spin true, as there is a lot of slop in the threads. Remember, there is no stop on the screw except for the bearing, and tightening the adapter will put the head bearings in a bind. I feel like I am taxing the machine by turning any piece that is larger than about 10". Even with a 1/4" gouge, I have to hold back on the cut (tools are very sharp and I have been turning for a long time) to keep from stalling the machine. Cuts need to be made lightly and gently. I have not tried anything larger than 12", but I doubt that this machine has the power to turn anything any larger. Knowing the cons of this machine, I still do not regret my purchase. If I had the $$$ I would have gone for the bigger machine, but it is not in my budget.
Brilliant Machine! Great Price Point!
This machine is marvelous! I had a Rikon 70-105 that had a ton of issues, so I replaced it with this lathe. I am nothing but impressed. The belt change mechanism is seamless, the forward/reverse is excellent for sanding, the control interface is both beautiful and easy to use, and the extension options are already built in for expansion. I will be purchasing all of the extensions soon. If youvplan on getting into turning, get this lathe. It’s perfect for beginners, but has all the power you will need as you learn and go pro.