Pentacryl Green Wood Stabilizer - Quart
Carving or turning green wood is certainly faster and easier than working with dry stock. But sometimes the extra work involved with slowly and carefully drying the wood to avoid checking hardly seems worth the trouble. Not any more! Preservation Solutions® Pentacryl Green Wood...
- Combats the negative effects of drying by displacing water and moisture in the wood fibers
- Doesn't stain the wood or affect finishing in any manner
- Drying time reduced by as much as 90% with Pentacryl
- Your wood will dry quicker and more evenly
- Pentacryl residue even lubricates your tools as you work
- Ready to use right out of the bottle, just one application needed
- Size: Quart
- Properties/Appearance: Liquid, amber brown color, light odor
- Recommended Use: Stabilizer for green wood
- Application Method: Total immersion (recommended), brush or spray
- Required Applications: 1
- (1) Preservation Solutions - Pentacryl Green Wood Stabilizer - Quart
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
So you’ve decided to rough turn or carve a green (wet) project, and set it aside to dry. Did you realize the wood may contain over 250% more water before it is dried, depending upon it’s size and mass? Over the long period of time it may take to air dry your project, it can develop grain cracks and checks if not protected. What are checks in the wood? Well, they’re not cashable checks to take to the bank, but end grain splits that can be prevented allowing you to reap the benefits of a beautifully finished item that can be profitable! Both cracks and checks can be fixed by cutting out those areas and replacing with segmented glue-ups, but perhaps that’s not what you had in mind.
Often tossed aside as damaged wood, craftsmen are seeking out spalted wood more and more for exactly the reason it is often trashed. Darker strands travel haphazardly throughout a piece of spalted wood, creating contrasting waves and lines that enhance the grain as only nature can. But what is spalted wood?
Just as advertized.
Best spread with brush.
Works as described
just soak your green wood for 24 hrs and presto it's dry
I cut a lot of wood on my property that I season for later use. This stuff ensures that the wood dries slowly and evenly, without splitting. When it's time to use the wood, there's no removal necessary.
General FinishesItem 828282
Aqua CoatItem 163291
System ThreeItem 417678