Teknatool - Nova 1" Shank Heavy Duty Bowl Rest
Heavy duty bowl rest - a new design bowl rest made out of 25mm solid steel, it's much more sturdy and vibration absorbing than the old design. As a bonus, it has a shape which gives better chisel...
Item 417746Model TR300/1
Item 162031Model 9024
Item 162426Model 55223
Item 162033Model 9031
Item 162032Model 9025
Item 163827Model 9091
- 25mm solid steel
- More sturdy and vibration absorbing than the old design
- Better chisel support on the outside and inside of bowls
- Works with Nova 3000, DVR 3000, DVR XP and 1624-44
- Able to position your chisel support much closer to the bowl than before
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
Very poor quality finish would not recom
I have a NOVA DVR lathe and their live centers and was surprised at the poor quality of the finish of the tool rest casting. It looks like they just took it out of the casting mold, painted it and shipped it. The edge where the tool is rested is very rough and not smooth. I suppose I could file it but at the price you would think that they could provide a product that was adequately finished. I probably will return it. The actual product did not match the picture on the website, the picture looked good. I would not recommend it.
As others have noted, this is a big piece of hardware, but it was just what I needed to work inside my bowls. It should be noted though that it did not fit my Jet 1642EVS. The diameter of the tool rest post was fine, but the height was too high by 1". I use EZ carbide tools on my lathe, but it wound up that I had to have the post shortened by 1"
This was a lot bigger than I was expecting! It is twice as big as the standard flat tool rest. The shaft fit perfectly on my NOVA DVR XP! Very happy with this purchase!