Laguna 12" Parallelogram Jointer with ShearTec II
Flat Shipping Fee of $75.00
This great 12” Parallelogram Jointer with ShearTec II from Laguna Tools has a truly unique parallelogram support system which allows the table to move in the same arc as the cutter head when raised...
You May Also Like
The German carbide inserts of the ShearTec II are made of thicker carbide, are set into the head on a flat surface rather than a less torque cone design, and are slightly angled to give a shearing style cut with low impact and less kick back.
- Motor: 1 Ph, 220V, 5 HP TEFC
- Model Number: MJOIN12X86-5-1
- Max Cutting Capacity: 12” width, 1/2” depth
- Rabbetting Capacity: 1/2”
- ShearTec II Spiral Cutter Head, 4” diameter
- Cutter Head: 5500 RPM
- Table Dimensions: 87-3/4” L x 12” W x 33” H from floor
- Fence Size: 60” L x 5-3/8” H
- Fence Tilt: 90 and 45 degrees
- Positive Stops: 90 degrees, 45 degrees In and Out
- Built-in Wheel Kit
- Overall Dimensions: 88” L x 33” W x 44-1/2” H
- Weight: 880 lbs.
ShearTec II replacement knives are available, but sold separately (WC# 417656).
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 7-14 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
- Liftgate and Residential Delivery is covered with the excess weight fee, and the freight company will call the day before delivery to set up a time at no charge to you.
If purchased at a Woodcraft Store, please return the item directly to the store where your purchase was made.
New woodworking machines sold by Laguna Tools carry a one-year warranty effective from the date of shipping. Laguna bandsaw blades' welds are backed by their 1-yr manufacturer's warranty. Machines sold through dealers must be registered with Laguna Tools within 30 days of purchase to be covered by this warranty. Laguna Tools guarantees all new machine sold to be free of manufacturers’ defective workmanship, parts and materials. Laguna Tools will repair or replace, without charge, any parts determined by Laguna Tools, Inc. to be a manufacturer’s defect. They require that the defective item/part be returned to Laguna Tools with the complaint. In the event the item/part is determined to be damaged due to lack of maintenance, cleaning or misuse/abuse, the customer will be responsible for the cost to replace the item/part, plus all related shipping charges.
For warranty repair information, call 1-800-332-4094.
Articles & Blogs
If you haven’t heard of woodworker Jory Brigham, don’t worry – you will. The California free-spirited family man designs and handcrafts unique furniture using mostly domestic hardwoods and time-honored techniques in his Paso Robles studio, overlooking the vineyards in wine country. His look is rugged, earthy and retro – much like the furniture he creates.
I just wrote a review, but it looks like it didn't go through, so I'll post another (shorter) one. I have the prior version of this machine (mine is white, but otherwise nearly identical). This is a great machine. Massive, stable, and powerful. The ShearTec II system is great. A few high points: 1. I've had no chipout. Ever. Even in the most figured woods. The strategy of cutting on the shear angle works. 2. Hardly any noise. Three-blade jointers scream when face jointing. This is very quite. 3. The blades last forever. When you get a nick in straight-blade jointers, you have to sharpen/replace the whole blade, and setting them all to the same length is a hassle. With a ShearTec (and I'm sure with any spiral cutterhead) I just turn the affected blades 90 degrees, and the built in stops make that super simple. When I get another nick, in all likelihood it will be in another spot on the cutterhead, so I'm turning a different set of blades. And since you can turn each blade 4 times, a blade set lasts a lifetime. 4. Related to 3, the shearing action and the carbide blades mean everything stays sharp forever. I had to rotate a line of blades due to a nick once, but I've never had to replace them for dullness. I'm very happy with the machine. I've had mine about five years. If mine was destroyed I would buy another. Highly recommended if you have the space and the funds.