Homestead Transfast Dye Powder, Dark Mission Brown
Developed by renowned furniture restorer and finisher Jeff Jewitt, these TransFast water-soluble powder dyes outperform any we have tried. Because the dyes contain no fillers or extenders, each 1...
You May Also Like
- Water-soluble concentrated dark mission brown dye in powder form
- Water-soluble concentrated scarlet red dye in powder form
- Very economical and safe to use
- Can be topcoated with any finishing material
- Indefinite shelf life as long as kept in a cool, dry area
Instructions / MSDS
Did exactly what I needed it to.
I used this to darken the lighter parts of oak veneer plywood that the expresso oil based stain couldn't, to match that almost opaque finish that is very popular right now. Be sure to raise the grain with water first and when dry sand to minimise the grain raising effects of all water based stains. After 2 dye coats apply the stain and finish.
Great Base Color
Easy to work with since it is water based. I added a little Red acrylic paint to give it a more maroonish color. This dye provided a nice base coat for my future shellac and glaze top coats. It helps to raise the grain first by watering down the wood (1/4 sawn oak), letting it dry and then sanding it smooth. I finished with 600 grit and then applied the dye.