General Tools - 6" Digital Fractional Caliper, Model 147
Stainless Steel Digital Fractional Caliper with Tri-Mode digital display – inches, millimeters, and fractions -- with guaranteed accuracy to 0.001”. In addition, the rugged stainless steel design...
Item 162750Model 6in Digital Caliper
Item 170219Model 13N1
Item 160779Model 1202F-6
Stainless Steel Digital Fractional Caliper with Tri-Mode digital display – inches, millimeters, and fractions -- with guaranteed accuracy to 0.001”. In addition, the rugged stainless steel design delivers accurate readings of inside, outside, step and depth measurements. Each Digital Fractional Caliper comes with a foam padded plastic case for safe storage when not in use.
- Resolution 0.0005” (0.01mm)
- Accuracy 0.001” (0.02mm).
- Auto off feature preserves battery life.
- Bar scale is graduated in inches and millimeters.
- Free-wheeling friction roller advances and retracts slide.
- Extendable depth gauge for use in slots and small holes.
- Etched and filled black graduations.
- Convenient foam-padded case for storage.
- Flashing display indicates low battery.
- Replacement Battery - LR44.
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 7-10 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
If you have a return issue, contact Woodcraft Supply customer service @ 1-800-535-4482 for return details. RGA required. Return subject to 20% restock fee. Customer responsible for return freight.
If purchased at a Woodcraft Store, please return the item directly to the store where your purchase was made.
General Tool warranties their items for one year. Contact Woodcraft Customer Service for assistance at 800-535-4482.
Instructions / MSDS
Works OK, eats batteries
This caliper is cheap and accurate, but it goes through batteries. I measured the current consumption. When "on", it draws 15.2uA. When "off" it draws 14uA. This is why it never loses its place when "off". The only thing that is turned off is the LCD and that draws very little power.
works well, eats batteries
After going through several batteries (use only SR44, not LR44), I measured the current consumption. When the calipers are on, it draws 15uA. When the calipers are "off", it draws 14uA. The constant consumption is why it remembers where it is when it turns back "on". Better designed calipers will last 10x as long on a battery. A simple web search will reveal the brands. Plan on either replacing the battery every six - twelve months or removing the battery between uses.