Glaze Effects - Water Based - Pitch Black - Pint
Glazing is the application of color over a pre-sealed or nonporous surface. Most often associated with paint, ceramics or marble to add interest to an otherwise uninteresting surface, glazing can also be used to add depth or substantially change the color of a finish without obscuring...
General Finishes® Glaze Effects are translucent water-based glazes specially formulated to give you a longer open time in which to achieve the desired effect. Use over any completely cured finish, let dry and then apply a topcoat to protect the glaze. Use any of the pre-colored glazes by themselves, or mix and match to make your own.
- Translucent water-based glaze
- Water clean-up, low odor
- Specially formulated to give a longer open time
- Use over any completely cured finish
- Add interest to an otherwise uninteresting surface
- Color: Pitch Black
- Size: Pint
- Base Type: Water
- Type: Glaze
- Interior/Exterior Use: Rated for interior use only
- Coats: 1+ coats
- Application Method: Brush, spray
- Recommended Spray Tip Sizes: HVLP 1.3 mm - 2.0 mm
- Topcoat Required: Yes
- Dry Time - Touch (@70° F and 50% Humidity): 1+ hour
- Dry Time - Recoat (@70° F and 50% Humidity): 3+ hours
- Solids by Weight: 22%
- VOC: <303.733 g/L
- (1) General Finishes - Glaze Effects - Water Based - Pitch Black - Pint
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
Faux finishes are a lot of fun to paint and can be simulated with just a few simple steps. This project features four unique looks, and we’ll show you how to create each one. We used 8" paper-mache letters purchased from Pat Catan’s for this tutorial. The letters H, O, M and E each have a different technique used.
Milk paint, chalk paint, furniture paint, mineral paint … it can get confusing. There are a large number of paints on the market these days for refinishing and updating furniture and interior projects, and there seem to be more every day. Let’s take a look at the different (and same) characteristics of each.
General FinishesItem 825785
Old Fashioned Milk PaintItem 811630