Gel Stain - Oil Based - Georgian Cherry - Pint
General Finishes® Gel Stains are quite possibly the easiest of all finishes to use and achieve a "hand-rubbed" look without all the work. Application is easy with a foam brush or lint free cloth. The heavy bodied gel formulation permits the product to flow out evenly (no drips or runs)...
- Easy-to-use stains simply wipe on with a cloth or applied with a foam brush (no spills or splashes)
- Heavy-bodied, and so does not penetrate as deeply into the wood as liquid oil-base stains do
- This is the stain that has the most "finishing feel" of all General Finishes' products
- Woodworkers love the lustrous finish of final product
- Gives a more even appearance on hard-to-stain woods like pine, aspen, maple and cherry
- Great adhesion on raw wood, existing finishes, fiberglass and steel doors
- Color: Georgian Cherry
- Size: Pint
- Type: Oil based pigmented stain
- Interior/Exterior Use: Rated for interior use only
- Coats: 1+ coats (additional coats can deepen the color of the stain)
- Recommended Use: Interior raw wood surfaces such as cabinets, trim, doors and furniture
- Application Method: Brush, roll, wipe, pad applicator
- Clean-Up: Mineral Spirits
- VOC: <560 g/L
- Coverage: 75-100 sq.ft.
- Ideal Drying Conditions: 70° F and 50% humidity, out of direct sunlight, with good air movement
- Dry Time - Touch: Raw wood (8+ hr), existing finish wipe-off (12-24+ hr)
- Dry Time - Recoat: Raw wood (12-24 hr), existing finish wipe-off (72+ hr)
- Dry Time - Recoat - Applied Over Water Based Product: 72 hr
- (1) General Finishes - Gel Stain - Oil Based - Georgian Cherry - Pint
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
Create a dramatic new look throughout your home or highlight one area with crown molding – the key to an upscale look for walls, windows, doors, cabinets and more. Homeowners will find the tools and supplies necessary for crown molding projects at Woodcraft.
It’s Tech Talk Time with Bob, Sam & Kyle from Woodcraft’s Technical Support Team!
For over 20 years, Woodcraft’s Technical Support Team has combined efforts with our Customer Service Department to provide satisfaction and resolution to all of Woodcraft’s clientele for any issues that may arise. Together they contribute product information, advice, fast ordering service and delivery, as well as the best pricing to assist with your Woodcraft orders and information. These guys provide for inbound product inspections of new items, informing Woodcraft personnel and customers of any quality issues with new or existing products. They also perform product use testing for future stock items. Using customer experiences, they pass along any concerns or suggestions, sharing the product knowledge to all who may need it.