Gel Stain - Oil Based - Antique Walnut - Quart
General Finishes® Gel Stains are quite possibly the easiest of all finishes to use and achieve a "hand-rubbed" look without all the work. Application is easy with a foam brush or lint free cloth. The heavy bodied gel formulation permits the product to flow out evenly (no drips or runs)...
- Easy-to-use stains simply wipe on with a cloth or applied with a foam brush (no spills or splashes)
- Heavy-bodied, and so does not penetrate as deeply into the wood as liquid oil-base stains do
- This is the stain that has the most "finishing feel" of all General Finishes' products
- Woodworkers love the lustrous finish of final product
- Gives a more even appearance on hard-to-stain woods like pine, aspen, maple and cherry
- Great adhesion on raw wood, existing finishes, fiberglass and steel doors
- Color: Antique Walnut
- Size: Quart
- Type: Oil based pigmented stain
- Interior/Exterior Use: Rated for interior use only
- Coats: 1+ coats (additional coats can deepen the color of the stain)
- Recommended Use: Interior raw wood surfaces such as cabinets, trim, doors and furniture
- Application Method: Brush, roll, wipe, pad applicator
- Clean-Up: Mineral Spirits
- VOC: <560 g/L
- Coverage: 150-200 sq.ft.
- Ideal Drying Conditions: 70° F and 50% humidity, out of direct sunlight, with good air movement
- Dry Time - Touch: Raw wood (8+ hr), existing finish wipe-off (12-24+ hr)
- Dry Time - Recoat: Raw wood (12-24 hr), existing finish wipe-off (72+ hr)
- Dry Time - Recoat - Applied Over Water Based Product: 72 hr
- (1) General Finishes - Gel Stain - Oil Based - Antique Walnut - Quart
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
In Season 24
of “The American Woodshop,” viewers will see co-hosts Scott and Suzy Phillips
blend old and new mediums to create 13 home and garden projects.
General Finishes are good products.
I mixed two of the gel stains together to meet the color I wanted
General FinishesItem 826959
General FinishesItem 826971