Antique Walnut Gel Stain Pint
These oil-based Gel Topcoats and Stains are quite possibly the easiest of all finishes to use and achieve a "hand-rubbed" look without all the work. Application is easy with a foam brush or lint...
• This is the stain that has the most "finishing feel" of all General Finishes' products
• Woodworkers love the lustrous finish that shows up
• Heavy-bodied, and so does not penetrate as deeply into the wood as liquid oil-base stains do
• Can help you get a more even appearance on difficult woods such as aspen or pine
• Easy-to-use stains simply wipe on with a cloth or applied with a foam brush (no spills or splashes)
Instructions / MSDS
I use to stain the backing of Intarsia items. The gel stain hardened in the can but discovered the best way to use is to spoon some out onto a clean jar lid, then close up the can so it stays fresh.
Review on product not color
I can't really rate the color as I did not use the color alone. I mixed about 6oz (give or take) of this right into my quart of Java to add a hint of warmth and the color combo was beautiful! Goes on smooth, thick, & easy to use. I applied 2 coats and 2 coats of Matte poly. Beautiful results! get so many compliments