Freud - 97-156 Adjustable Rail And Stile 3-Pc Door Router Bit Set Bevel Panel W/Bc Round Rail 1/2" Shank
Making double-sided doors has never been easier! Set contains Premier Adjustable Quarter Round Rail and Stile Bits with upper and lower profile cutters to mill tenons of any length! Simply remove...
Item 821307Model 39-236
Item 853326Model 1791230K
Item 147772Model LU85R008
Item 852901Model 99-862
Item 850347Model 99-762
Item 849662Model 1792073K
Item 849650Model 710701K
Item 844708Model 39-532
Item 844694Model 22-505
Item 844650Model 77-508
Item 150684Model 97-150
• Premier Adj Rail & Stile bits allows for double profile doors with variable thicknesses & long tenon
• Perfect matching profile on all doors because it's the same set of router bits
• Choose from a variety of material thicknesses, 5/8” to 1-1/4”.
• Bits feature Freud's Perma-Shield coating that reduces heat and pitch build up along with rust
• Freud's TiCo Hi-Density Carbide to maximize bit life and material finish
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 2-4 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
If purchased at a Woodcraft Store, please return the item directly to the store where your purchase was made.
Freud America Warranty:
Cutting Tools: Lifetime warranty against defects in workmanship & material
Power Tools: 90 days - 5 year limited warranty
Instructions / MSDS
Cuts Like Butter
I just completed my first ever raised panel doors with this bit set and I'm extremely satisfied on how these bits preformed in the lightly figured walnut that I used. I cut the rails and stiles in one pass and the finished cut is very smooth, no sanding needed. I took 3 passes with the panel cutter and the finish is also close to perfect. The fit of the rails, stiles and panel is very tight, maybe a hair too tight. I may need to take a 4th pass on the panel taking a hair more off. The setup of the bits was not difficult for my first time doing raised panels. I followed the outstanding instructions in issue #221 of Fine Woodworking – Cope and Stick Tricks (page 68-71) and made one test cut with each bit. The instructions with the bits are very good and it even comes with a small DVD with video instructions. The overview on how to set your pre-routed wood dimensions is very good. My router table/fence is JessEm and my router is the Porter Cable 7518 – 3 ¼ hp. I cut the panel at 10,000 rpm (lowest setting) and the rail/stiles at 19,000 (second to the highest setting of 21,000) I would highly recommend this bit set.