CNC Piranha FX
Although this cnc machine is offered at an entry level price, the CNC Piranha® is every bit as capable as its larger cousin, the CNC Shark®, and it also includes a convenient touch-screen interface! Its compact 12'' x 18'' table makes it perfect for smaller-scale projects like carvings,...
Although this cnc machine is offered at an entry level price, the CNC Piranha® is every bit as capable as its larger cousin, the CNC Shark®, and it also includes a convenient touch-screen interface! Its compact 12'' x 18'' table makes it perfect for smaller-scale projects like carvings, plaques, ornamental boxes and precision parts machined from wood, soft metals, or plastics – all at a fraction of the price of a full-sized CNC. With its 3-D carving capability, including a 3-D models library, you can carve expensive corbels and cut intricate inlays and engravings.
The CNC Piranha® is so incredibly accurate that you can even use it to engrave custom circuit boards. Its creative potential is unlimited, and the entire machine can easily fit on one end of your bench. Just design your work with the included VCarve Desktop Design software on your PC computer with USB 2.0 port, and then simply save the program directly to a USB flash drive, plug it into the Pendant, select your file, and hit the run button. No need to have your computer subjected to a dusty shop environment. PC & USB flash drive sold separately.
- Table dimensions: 12'' x 18"
- XYZ travel: 12'' x 13'' x 3''
- Overall dimensions: 19-1/2 ''W x 20-1/2'' L x 18''H
- Aluminum interlocking Slotted Table Track for highly customizable clamping
- Includes latest version of VCarve Desktop Design software (Software is Not MAC Compatible)
- Vector Art 3-D Sampler Pack (Software is Not MAC Compatible)
- Only compatible with Windors 7 and above
- Color Touch Screen Pendant Controller System
- Requires a PC Computer with USB 2.0 port (not included)
- Requires a DeWalt, Porter-Cable, or similar style Palm Router (sold separately)
- Requires a Bosch Motor Mounting Bracket (161666) if Bosch motor is being used
- Includes 1/4" V- Router Bit
- Includes 2 Hold-Down Clamps
- Ships fully assembled.
- Made in USA
Articles & Blogs
One of the latest tools to enter the hobbyist woodworking market is the CNC – a machine featuring Computer Numerical Control (CNC). Lettering, engraving, carving, and even three-dimensional cutting are now commonplace, and turning out a professional looking project is easier than ever before.
Quantity, as well as quality, counts in the annual Makerspace Contest on Instructables.com. Woodcraft, Epilog Laser, Ultimaker, Dremel, and Digi-Key Electronics donated the approximately $50,000 worth of prizes to winning teams and individuals.
Next WaveItem 161352