Blue Hills Press
Chip Carving - Techniques for Carving Beautiful Patterns by Hand
Chip Carving may be the simplest form of woodworking. Chip Carving by Daniel Clay contains everything you need to achieve elegant, and seemingly complex, carved patterns in wood. With a single knife and only a handful of techniques, you can create beautiful surface designs that will...
Chip Carving may be the simplest form of woodworking. Chip Carving by Daniel Clay contains everything you need to achieve elegant, and seemingly complex, carved patterns in wood. With a single knife and only a handful of techniques, you can create beautiful surface designs that will stop people in their tracks. Safe and easily accessible, chip carving can be done almost anywhere you have a work surface or a chair to sit in. A craft deeply rooted in history, you can create designs ranging from the traditional carving patterns of ancient cultures to wholly modern designs of your own making.
Daniel Clay taught himself chip carving, first aided by the books of Wayne Barton before engaging in a deeper, ongoing personal study of the craft in its various incarnations throughout the ages and around the world. He has written about chip carving for Fine Woodworking magazine and also travels and teaches chip carving at venues around the US.
- Learn three simple cuts that form the basis of every chip-carved surface.
- Step-by-step guidance to help you achieve any type of surface carving you can imagine
- How to create crisp, clean designs by following a logical process
- Illustrations for completing a carving with the perfect paint or finish.
- Sharpening and honing advice to keep your knives gliding smoothly
- Beautiful practice and carving templates to incorporate in your own work.
- Cover Style: Softcover
- Product Size: 8" × 10"
- Page Count: 208 pages
- ISBN: 9781951217402
- Publisher: Blue Hills Press
- (1) Chip Carving: Techniques for Carving Beautiful Patterns by Hand by Daniel Clay
GMC PublicationsItem 187936
Taunton PressItem 171230
Fox ChapelItem 856887
Functional Chip Carving Designs for the HomeItem 181389
Blue Hills Press
Build Better Boxes - 10 Projects to Improve Design & TechniqueItem 184205
Fox ChapelItem 186523
Fox ChapelItem 181385
Scroll Saw by Land, Sea and AirItem 187384
Taunton PressItem 840708
Schiffer Publishing LtdItem 184396