Bosch - 2.25 HP EVS Fixed and Plunge Base Router Combo Kit
Holiday Deal: Save $60 Now Through December 31st! While Supplies Last!
Items You May Need
Item 814269Model 1617EVS
Item 814269Model 1617EVS
Item 174809Model RT1322-00
Item 825513Model DW618B3
Item 821741Model DW616K
Get the best of both worlds with the Bosch® 1617EVSPK 2-1/4 HP Variable Speed Router Kit. Bosch includes a plunge base and fixed base with the powerful 2-1/4 HP motor with soft start and advanced speed-control technology. Classic hardwood handles accentuate the fixed base design. This base is perfect for upright use or use in a router table. The adjustment system offers coarse and micro-fine adjustment with resettable depth indicator. The motor housing does not rotate during depth adjustment, which eliminates horizontal movement of bit.
The Plunge Base is designed with a quick clamp system that allows removal of motor from base with ease. The fine adjustment on the depth rod gives you the ability to quickly set bit depth settings. To ensure maximum control, Bosch engineered the contoured soft grip handles to provide perfect access to the plunge release lever. Both Bases feature Bosch’s exclusive precision centering design, which centers the bit precisely and makes it easy to keep the bit on the intended cutline when using jigs, templates or dovetail jigs.
- Powerful 2-1/4 HP motor with soft start
- Adjustment system offers coarse and micro-fine adjustment with resettable depth indicator
- Versatile fixed base can be used above or under the router table
- Wide openings in bases and sub-bases allow use of larger bits and provide better visibility
- Plunge base has contoured soft grip handles for enhanced control and comfort at all plunge depths
- Precision centering design centers the bit precisely and makes it easy to keep the bit on the intended cutline when using jigs, templates or dovetail jigs
- Variable speed dial for matching speed to workpiece and task
- Constant Response Circuitry maintains constant speed under load and provides overload protection
- Right or left switch and cord location
- Double insulated
- Motor: 2-1/4 HP, 120V, 12A
- Speeds: Variable Speed Ranges from 8,000 – 25,000 RPM
- Speed Control: Dial
- Base Diameters: 6" Fixed & 6-11/16" Plunge
- Base Openings: 3-3/4" Fixed and Plunge
- Subbase Openings: 2" Fixed and Plunge
- Weight: 19.5 lb
- Model Number: Bosch 1617EVSPK
- (1) Bosch 2-1/4 HP VS Router Motor
- (1) Plunge Base w/ Chip Shield
- (1) Fixed Base w/ Chip Shield
- (1) 1/4" Self-Releasing Collet Chuck
- (1) 1/2" Self-Releasing Collet Chuck
- (1) Shaft and Collet Wrench
- (1) T-Handle Height Adjustment Knob
- (1) Hardware for Router Table Applications
- (1) Carrying Case
Articles & Blogs
Every two years at Woodcraft Magazine, we create a unique home workshop issue for readers wanting to start a shop or improve the one they already have. We first decide on a theme and then follow through by selecting a bare-bones space that serves as our blank slate. We then prep the walls, ceiling, and floor for shop duty and outfit the space with original shop projects and interesting products that match nicely with the theme, which, in this issue, is the “up-and-comer’s” home shop. As you can imagine, it’s an all-hands effort by our talented staff and woodworking contributors from across the country.
Powerful and Smooth. Fun to Use.
I really like this router kit. I bought it for inlying dutchmen along with the adopter spring and bushing guide kit. It is great to use. Smooth on start up and easily reached power switch and speed dial. No problem controlling it and the lock lever is within reach of my thumb for easy adjustments. Found it quick to get used to the whole set up. Changing bases is as easy as lining up the arrows and pushing, twisting, and pushing again. The manual covers this and after a few tries it was easy to do. Using the inlay bit required centering the base which was off by a hundredth or two but took all of 10 seconds to center with a torx head driver. Got nice clean inlays with it. Some people see this as a deficiency, but I didn't see it as a big deal. Setting up tools is a good way to get to know your equipment and this is a painless and simple adjustment that should be done periodically anyway. The bushing kit is more fun than I expected. I was skeptical about slide in adaptors. They pop in and out with no play. I really like that feature. The screw in adaptor is less than $10 so if it does get some play in it replacing it quick and cheap to do. The PC bushing adaptor works as advertised. I plan on keeping the inlay bushing in it and pop it in and out as a unit. Works like a charm. I love this router. It's just as fun to use as the hundreds of reviews on it I've read elsewhere. Really glad to have it, and glad Woodcraft saw fit to carry it. I enjoy all the Bosch tools I've used and this is another solid machine. Glad to have it in my shop.