Dumas Products Inc
1929 Chris-Craft Commuter Boat Model Kit
From Dumas, the 1929 38' Chris-Craft Commuter, is the essence of style, elegance and class, common in the Roaring 20's. The Commuter, positively drips with mahogany and epitomizes the classic era of American wooden boat building. The craftsman at Chris-Craft outdid themselves when...
From Dumas, the 1929 38' Chris-Craft Commuter, is the essence of style, elegance and class, common in the Roaring 20's. The Commuter, positively drips with mahogany and epitomizes the classic era of American wooden boat building. The craftsman at Chris-Craft outdid themselves when they created this beauty and now the model masters at Dumas are offering this little slice of heaven in kit form. Must love to plank! Besides dripping with mahogany, this boat is a tribute to planking. The hull, deck, floors, and parts of the cabin are all planked, this one is a dream come true for the serious wooden model boat enthusiast and it's loaded with quality features. We felt it was important to keep this one an all wood kit (with the exception of the caulking strips) Therefore, there's no expanded PVC used in this model. Used is a combination of birch and poplar plywood, bass and balsa strip and a whole lot of mahogany planking. The hull construction is die cut birch and poplar plywood over poplar plywood, laser cut frames. The cabin is a series of individual laser cut mahogany parts assembled over a full size plan. The details are immense with some structures assembled like a model within a model (i.e. the windshields).
- Mahogany planked hull, deck floors and parts of the cabin
- Combination of birch and poplar plywood, bass and birch strips
- Cast metal and cast urethane deck fittings, color flags and decals
- Step by step instructions, plans and figure drawings
- Length: 38" Beam: 9-3/4"
- Scale: 1/12th
- Level: Advanced
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
An amazing kit. The mahogany strips were accurately cut and clean. The other parts were laser cut wood with a few die cut pieces. I had one metal fitting that was broken on arrival and their service department sent a replacement quickly and with no hassle. Get the running hardware to go with it for an RC boat. So much easier than trying to cobble fittings together with parts from an RC store. Truly a beautiful boat when finished. I can't wait to do my next one.
Dumas Products IncItem 172766
Dumas Products IncItem 172772
Dumas Products IncItem 172767
Dumas Products IncItem 172774
Dumas Products IncItem 172770
Dumas Products IncItem 175449