Woodcraft was founded in 1928 and almost 90 years later we're still an industry leader - offering quality woodworking tools and supplies. We're a multi-channel organization that is always looking for new talented individuals capable of helping us continue to grow. Woodcraft prides itself in our core beliefs that teamwork, respect, fun and customer service leads to success. If you're interested in becoming a part of our Woodcraft team, you can learn more about our open positions below. Woodcraft Supply, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Woodcraft Supply LLC HR Dept.
PO Box 1686
Parkersburg, WV 26102
Vice President of Sales and Marketing
The Vice President of Sales and Marketing will lead, and manage, a team of 20+ marketing, sales, internet development and product development professionals, dedicated to executing best-in-class marketing and sales strategies for direct and retail woodworking customers. A passion for woodworking and understanding of woodworking tools and accessories is preferred.
1. Be a participating member of the Woodcraft Leadership Team.
2. Be a participating member of the Woodcraft Franchise Council.
3. Creates and manages all P&L responsibility for all functional areas, which include marketing, sales and internet development.
4. Develops departmental goals, objectives and systems.
5. Develops marketing strategies that support organizational goals and objectives.
6. Oversee and provide direction to market and competitor analysis.
7. Continually reviews flagship and product branding strategies to ensure alignment with core mission and values and ensure compliance with all branding strategies in the field.
8. Guide and direct multi-channel sales department in the development of promotional activities that create excitement and drive woodworking customers to all business channels.
9. Develops and implements pricing strategies that maintain market competitiveness while remaining consistent with Woodcraft’s business model and performance objectives.
10. Develop plans and utilizes third party technology partners, as appropriate, in the execution of a comprehensive internet sales, e-mail, social media/blogging, and affiliate programs.
11. Oversees internet advertising plan development and monitors advertising expenditures to ensure maximum effectiveness.
12. Oversees the sourcing and development of woodworking hand and power tools in support of Woodcraft’s goals and objectives.
13. Develops, or expands, proprietary lines of tools to support existing house brands.
14. Establishes and maintains vendor relationships, traveling to domestic and foreign locations as required.
15. Ensures consistent interaction with franchisees in the pursuit of new product ideas or by providing technical product support.
16. Supervises 20+ marketing team members.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
This position manages all employees of the marketing functional areas and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Other work times may be necessary to complete various tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
A passion for woodworking, with the knowledge of application for a variety of woodworking tools.
Bachelor’s Degree in business related field.
10+ Years of strong marketing experience in retail and direct to consumer channels.
Depth & breadth of knowledge to include marketing, sales, internet development and product development.
Expertise in using industry research and internal data to develop engaging, customer oriented marketing programs.
Expertise in e-commerce including traffic acquisition, web merchandising, SEO, paid search, social & display advertising.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.