Woodcraft was founded in 1928 and almost 90 years later we're still an industry leader - offering quality woodworking tools and supplies. We're a multi-channel organization that is always looking for new talented individuals capable of helping us continue to grow. Woodcraft prides itself in our core beliefs that teamwork, respect, fun and customer service leads to success. If you're interested in becoming a part of our Woodcraft team, you can learn more about our open positions below. Woodcraft Supply, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Woodcraft Supply LLC HR Dept.
PO Box 1686
Parkersburg, WV 26102
Magazine is seeking a Senior Editor
- Produce 2-3 feature articles and at least one department per issue, as bylines or by working with contributors.
- Manage and direct authors to develop content from raw idea to finished story.
- Design and build woodworking projects.
- Review and manage project proposals and contracts.
- Serve as 2nd editor to review colleagues’ articles for accuracy and comprehension.
- Collaborate effectively with authors, artists, and photographers.
- Direct photographers and models during photo shoots.
- Work closely with art staff to produce compelling and informative layouts.
- Maintain story budgets.
- Participate in issue planning and issue critiques.
- Utilize industry knowledge and contacts to improve content quality.
- When necessary, represent Woodcraft Magazine at trade shows and industry events.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Woodworking experience and competency with woodworking tools.
- Ability to develop multiple articles and manage various authors at the same time.
- Understanding of technical drawings.
- Journalism degree or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years’ experience as a woodworking editor/writer.
- Photography and/or videography skills a plus.
- Competitive health insurance program, dental, vision.
- Vacation, paid sick leave.
- 401K Plan.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Good with wood. Good with words.” in the subject line.
Only qualified candidates will receive a response.