Woodcraft Woodshop - Zebrawood 1/4" x 3" x 24" Dimensioned Wood
Save 40% Now Through July 31, 2021
Item 130795Model PAR Z004
Item 06A54Model PAR Z006
Item 131576Model PAR Z065
Item 124406Model PAR Z002
Item 06A83Model PAR MOR002
Item 131605Model PAR MPLAM 064
Item 404211Model ZBRWD-QS 10MIL
Item 125358Model T26-662
Item 161553Model PAR LCW024
Item 125363Model PAR BOC024
Item 154012Model Redheart 1/4x3x24
Item 848999Model Zebrawood 1.5x3
Item 50X72Model Padauk 1/4 X 3 X 24
Item 06A84Model PAR MOR024
Item 180121Model Z064.36
Zebrawood (Microberlinia brazzavillensis) has a light golden yellow heartwood with streaks of dark brown to black. The stripes can be chaotic and wavy (flatsawn), or somewhat uniform (quartersawn). Zebrawood has a medium to course texture, with a lustrous surface that works well with hand and machine tools and finishes well. Zebrawood is used in cabinetry, furniture, inlay, marquetry, paneling, wood sculpture, carving, and for turning specialty items like pens, tool handles and wine stoppers.
- Good polishing and finishing qualities
- A hard, heavy, and very dense wood with good impact resistance
- Turns well
- Dimensionally stable, retains its shape well after machining
- Native to West Africa
- Thickness: 1/4"
- Width: 3"
- Length: 24"
- (1)Zebrawood 1/4" x 3" x 24" Dimensioned Lumber
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock and surfaced on 2 sides.
- The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are dimensioned to within +/- ¼" of size listed.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Larger blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Smaller blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Spindle stock (1-1/2" T x 2" W) is dimensioned to within +/-1/8" of size listed.
I used this to make scales and a sheath for Woodcraft's drop point skinner knive kit