3/8" x 4" Forstner Bit Extension
Forstner bit extensions solve one of the major problems with forstner Bits -- their limited depth capacity. This extension fits WoodRiver forstner bits only that have 3/8" diameter shanks.Designed...
- Designed for use with WoodRiver forstner bits only
- Extension adds 4” to length of forstner bit
- Socket accepts forstner bits with 3/8” diameter shanks
- Forstner bit held in extension socket with two set screws
- 3/8” diameter drive shank allows use of multiple extensions
Inset screws too long
I got this extender to make longer holes with a 3/4" Forstner bit - I figured since it was 3/4" diameter, it would work with my 3/4" Forstner bit. I figured wrong. The set screws protrude about a 16th" making it useless for 3/4" holes. Should work well with 7/8" or 1" bits. Sturdy construction and good precision. My only regret is that they don't spell out what size bits it will work with.
Good solid extender when needed.
Critical When You Need IT
As a turner, one needs to drill holes deep in a spindle project, like a pepper mill. On a Midi Lathe, there isn't the space to just use a long bit extender. I bought 2 of these extensions. Drill in to the depth of the extension. Add a second 4" extension and drill to that depth. Go to the 10" extension and your done.
Attachment end a little large if drilling smaller size holes.