Wood Stain - Water Based - Onyx - Quart
The most advanced interior stains on the market, General Finishes® uses only the finest ingredients to create the rich color, heavy body and longer open time that's the hallmark of these nonflammable dye/pigment blend water-based stains. Formulated to be easy to use and consistently...
- No harsh chemicals or toxic vapors
- Easy clean up
- Outstanding performance
- Easy to use
- Color: Onyx
- Size: Quart
- Type: Water based pigmented wood stain
- Interior/Exterior Use: Rated for interior use only
- Coats: 1+ coats (additional coats can deepen the color of the stain)
- Recommended Use: Furniture, millwork and cabinetry
- Application Method: Brush, roll, pad or spray
- Clean-Up: Warm, soapy water
- VOC: <185 g/L
- Coverage: 100-150 sq.ft.
- Ideal Drying Conditions: 70° F and 50% humidity, out of direct sunlight, with good air movement
- Dry Time - Touch: Raw wood - 30+ minutes; existing finish - 1+ hour
- Dry Time - Recoat: 2+ hours
- Dry Time - Recoat - Applied Over Oil Based Product: 24 hours
- (1) General Finishes - Wood Stain - Water Based - Onyx - Quart
- Hint: Pre-Stain Conditioner (Natural) is the base from which all the colors are made. It can be used to enhance the beauty of the wood like a stain prior to finishing but is primarily intended to be used as a base to dilute or tint custom stain colors.
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
Finishes figured out a way to get their water-based stains to work like oil-based
stains, but with easy water cleanup, low odor, low VOC and
noncombustiblity. It’s the best of both
worlds! And now, they have 9 new colors to choose from.
General FinishesItem 85F08