Peruvian Walnut - 3/4" x 8" x 24"
Peruvian Walnut (Juglans spp.), also known as “tropical walnut” or “Nogal” (Spanish for “walnut”), tends to have darker heartwood than domestic walnut, with a deep chocolate brown color that may contain streaks of lighter colored wood. Peruvian Walnut is a joy to work with both hand and...
- For those seeking the rich color of walnut without the color variations and knots typical of the domestic species
- Beautiful straight grain makes for clean machining
- Accepts glue readily, and finishes well with both water- and oil-based stains and topcoats
- Native to Central America and the northern part of South America
- Thickness: 3/4"
- Width: 8"
- Length: 24"
- (1) Peruvian Walnut - 3/4" x 8" x 24" - Dimensional Lumber
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.