Wood Turner's Grab Bag # 2 - 2" Square Stock Assortment
This is truly a grab bag style offer. No two assortments will be the same. You will get a mixture of 2" square premium exotic and domestic stock with lengths varying from 3" to 12". Each pack will contain 8 to 12 pieces (4-1/2 to 5-1/2 lb). Each grab bag assortment may contain Black...
- A wood turner's delight
- Mixed premium exotic and domestic stock
- Contains 8 to 12 pieces
- Grab Bag Weight (varies): 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 lb
- Thickness: 2"
- Width: 2"
- Length (varies): 3" - 12"
- (1) Woodcraft Woodshop - Wood Turner's Grab Bag # 2 - 2" Square Stock Assortment
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
Articles & Blogs
The original “Lignum vitae” (Guaiacum) is Latin for “wood of life”, and derives from its medicinal resin used to treat a variety of medical conditions from coughs to arthritis, and chips of the wood can also be used to brew a tea. Lignum vitae is one of the numerous durable, hard, and dense woods referred to as ironwood. On the Janka Scale of Hardness, which measures hardness of woods, lignum vitae ranks highest of the trade woods, registering at 4500 lbf.
I would buy this again
I use it to make wooden train engines.
Turner's Grab Bag was run of the mill lumber. Nothing special
I really enjoyed the grab bag. The one problem that I had was that 3 of the blanks were checked. It was kind of upsetting to me. I have only been turning for a couple of weeks and would have liked to have used the other 3.
Nice Selection But What Is It ?
Good Price and Good Variety but if you find a piece that you would like more of there is no way of knowing what kind it is,other than the variety list on the bag of what "could" be in the bag. Some wood is obvious, but exotics are hard to identify sometimes.
I would buy again
This is a great way to get different pieces of wood to turn to see which kinds of wood you would like to turn. The problem is there are no identifiers to each piece and being a novice at turning I have no way to tell what is this piece of wood that I just turnrd and like to purchase more.
That's a lot of wood
This pack is great value for the money, I just wish the wood was indentified as to its species.
Excellent for small boxes & gifts
I used it for small boxes and Christmas ornaments with outstanding results. Great package. Thanks
Many uses and good assortment
I didn't like the fact they were covered in wax to start with. I didn't have a problem with them being rough sawn, but the wax had soaked deep into the timber and made it a challenge to sand as the sandpaper kept clogging abnormally fast. I've been using them to make small cubes, dice and other small ornaments. Good assortment of timbers though. The wax coating also made the timbers difficult to identify.
they were excellent exotic turning squares.
Interesting and varied selection
Used some of the stock to make turned pens. Will use the rest for other projects
I would buy this product again
Wood is great, but not labeled. You will have to spend some time figuring out what wood they sent you. I wish they would label each piece of wood so that if you wanted to buy more of a certain type of wood you can without guessing.
too good to be true
bought this for craft project and the woods were a good size, but I expected at least a description of what they are - nothing "exciting"
This wood is for turning. It would be nice if you marked the contents. When they are waxed it is very difficult to identify them
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 150472
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 153638
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827938
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827931
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827926
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827927
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827920