Classic Professional Double-Sided Diamond Workshop Stone - 8"
This Trend® Classic Professional Double-Sided Workshop bench stone is ideal for up to 3" plane irons and chisels. The unique clearance channels produce faster, cleaner cuts. Finished to a tolerance of +/- 0.0005 inch flatness and comes complete with pouch, cleaning block and non slip...
- Ideal for use on 3" plane irons and chisels
- Unique clearance channels produce faster, cleaner cuts
- Finished to a tolerance of +/- 0.0005 inch flatness
- Pouch, cleaning block and non slip mat included
- Grades are marked on stone
- Guaranteed for five years
- Grade (Side 1): Fine - 1000 Grit (15 micron)
- Grade (Side 2): Coarse - 300 Grit (50 micron)
- (1) Double-Sided Diamond Workshop Stone - 8"
Works Very Well - Also use for flattening
I have no complaints with this plate. It works well for touching up chisels/planes primary bevels on the 1000 side and takes material off fast on the 300 side. I like it best for the fine job it does flattening or touching up my Shapton ceramic or Norton stones after use. The diamond shape grooves channel out debris very well. I plan to get another when this wears out.
Contaminated Stone - Disappointing
The scratch pattern from the 1000 grit side is as coarse as the 300 grit side if not more so. This leads me to conclude that the 1000 grit side is contaminated with coarser diamonds. I imagine that this stone is still useful for dressing other sharpening stones but it won't see my tool steel. Disappointing considering the price!