25-50 Drum Sander
This item is out of stock with the manufacturer. Order now for an early September shipment.
The 25-50 comes standard on the SuperMax closed stand which is dust resistant and has a nice storage shelf and latching door and is perfect for abrasive and accessory storage. It even has built-in wheels for mobility. The drum is prewrapped in 80 grit sand paper.
Additionally, the SuperMax 25-50 drum sander features INTELLISAND Technology which automatically adjusts conveyor speed based on load and prevents gouging, damaging, or burning stock. INTELLISAND also provides a consistent finish even with varying grain patterns and densities. These drum sanders also have a Flatness Guarantee: the precision-flattened steel conveyor bed is reinforced with four steel cross sections for no “flex”; guaranteeing flatness to less than .010” across the width of the sander. Its patented Abrasive Attachment System effectively tensions the abrasive wraps preventing abrasive end overlap, and the 19-38 has easy access to abrasive fastening unlike other drum sanders along with an extra wide space to access fasteners to eliminate the need for special tools. The self-cooling drum prevents overheating and extends the life of the abrasive. Its tension rollers are adjustable in height and hold down pressure eliminating snipe. This unit also has excellent dust extraction as the dust cover is formed to the shape of the drum. It is metal, not plastic, and is formed to maximize air flow. The unit is constructed of heavy-duty cast iron for strength, rigidity, and reduced vibration.
- Drive Motor (TEFC): 1-3/4” HP
- Power Requirements: 110V 20 Amp
- Conveyor Motor: 43 in/lb. torque, direct drive DC motor, infinitely variable 0-10 FPM
- Maximum Width: 50” (two passes)
- Minimum Length: 2-1/4”
- Maximum Thickness: 4” (varies with application)
- Minimum Thickness: 1/32”
- Dimensions: 46” L x 26” W x 53” H
- Drum Speed: 1740 RPM
- Dust Hood: One 4” vacuum port (minimum 600 CFM recommended)
- Shipping Weight: 369 lbs. (3 boxes including stand).
Please Note: The gauge shown in the image is not included. It can be found here: WC# 860709.
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 7-14 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
- Liftgate and Residential Delivery is covered with the excess weight fee, and the freight company will call the day before delivery to set up a time at no charge to you.
If purchased at a Woodcraft Store, please return the item directly to the store where your purchase was made.
New woodworking machines sold by Laguna Tools carry a one-year warranty effective from the date of shipping. Laguna bandsaw blades' welds are backed by their 1-yr manufacturer's warranty. Machines sold through dealers must be registered with Laguna Tools within 30 days of purchase to be covered by this warranty. Laguna Tools guarantees all new machine sold to be free of manufacturers’ defective workmanship, parts and materials. Laguna Tools will repair or replace, without charge, any parts determined by Laguna Tools, Inc. to be a manufacturer’s defect. They require that the defective item/part be returned to Laguna Tools with the complaint. In the event the item/part is determined to be damaged due to lack of maintenance, cleaning or misuse/abuse, the customer will be responsible for the cost to replace the item/part, plus all related shipping charges.
For warranty repair information, call 1-800-332-4094.
Very simple to use, high quality and very well built. Mobile base is really nice and dust collecting is better than I ever expected. Save hours of sanding.