Sirari Rosewood - 1" x 1" x 12"
Save 40% - While Supplies Last!
Sirari Rosewood (Guibourtia hymenaeifolia) is a dense hardwood with a straight grain and a medium to a fine uniform texture. Its orange to pinkish-brown color tends to darken and redden as it ages. Sirari Rosewood is a very strong wood that machines and turns well with sharp tools. It...
- Reddens slightly with age, creating rich and contrasting tones
- Sometimes called Tiete Rosewood, this is not a true rosewood
- Turns, glues and finishes well
- Native to South America
- Thickness: 1”
- Width: 1”
- Length: 12”
- (1) Sirari Rosewood - 1" x 1" x 12" - Wood Turning Stock
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.