Sack Back Arm Chair Kit
Build your very own heirloom with this Sack Back Arm Chair Kit. The Sack Back is an 18th century design and incorporates an oval seat, and an arched bow above the arm rail that mimics the back’s curve. Intermediate woodworkers will be able to complete this kit successfully with the...
Build your very own heirloom with this Sack Back Arm Chair Kit. The Sack Back is an 18th century design and incorporates an oval seat, and an arched bow above the arm rail that mimics the back’s curve. Intermediate woodworkers will be able to complete this kit successfully with the meticulously prepared parts and pre-bored holes that make up this kit. The kit takes about 10 hours to complete. The hard maple spindles have been turned and pre-sanded. The poplar seat has been cut to shape and holes pre-bored at the proper angles, requiring only final shaping and sanding. The red oak bows have been steam-bent to the perfect shape, as well. This is a fantastic project for learning how to build a chair.
- Fantastic project for learning how to build a chair
- Museum-quality reproductions
- Parts have been meticulously prepared and the holes pre-bored
- Kit takes about 10 hours to assemble
- Wood Species - Spindles: Hard Maple
- Wood Species - Seat: Poplar
- Wood Species - Bows: Red Oak
- Height (Assembled): 38-3/4”
- Seat Width (Assembled): 22”
- Seat Height (Assembled): 18"
- (1) Sack Back Arm Chair Kit
- These chair kits are custom made to order.
- Chair is shown finished as a sample, chair will be unfinished when received. Kit will require assembly and finishing.
- Tools needed to complete the kit include: orbital sander, hammer / mallet, drill, and a few chisels.
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 21-28 days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
This has been a fun project
I have always wanted to build a windsor chair. This kit gave me the prefect opportunity. The kit is well done with quality material and workmanship. I have really enjoyed building this chair. It has been a fun project.