Redheart - 1/8" x 3" x 24"
The bright red background of Redheart (Erythroxylon mexicanum) is host to a number of very interesting streaks and closed knots. It is smooth and tight grained, and sands to a nice workable surface. Redheart does not tear out when planed, and is nice for scroll sawing. In many ways it...
- Sometimes fades to a deeper red/red-brown with age
- Similar to Bloodwood in character and color
- Sands and polishes well
- Native to Mexico/Central America
- Thickness: 1/8”
- Width: 3”
- Length: 24”
- (1) Redheart - 1/8" x 3" x 24" - Dimensional Lumber
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.